Chapter 38

"Hey, Sebastian."

Rosie gently rocked Sebastian in an attempt to stir him gently.

But he was in a deep sleep.

"Seeeeeeb," She said a little louder, pushing his bare shoulder a little harder.

"Hmmf," He mumbled.

Rosie debated not waking him at all. He hadn't stirred all night and looked completely peaceful, and if they didn't have a detention for their lake incident, she wouldn't have woken him at all. But she didn't want Professor Sharp to have yet another reason to be mad at them, so she had to.

"Wakey, wakey. Detention time," She said, breathing into his ear.

He tried to swat her away, but his eyes fluttered open softly.

"Mmmmm. Why?" He mumbled.

"Why did I wake you or why detention?"

"Both," He said with a yawn.

"I had to wake you for the detention we got because you wanted to get handsy in the lake."

Sebastian arched his back and stretched, a devilish grin on his face. "Worth it."

Rosie rolled her eyes and tossed a pillow at him, dragging herself out of bed and finding her school uniform the room had so thoughtfully laid out for her on the dresser.

"Yours is here too," She informed Sebastian, tossing his robe in his direction as she slid on her stockings.

Sebastian caught the robe with one hand, though he still laid in bed, watching Rosie brush her long hair with a lazy grin.

"You know, detention has never looked better," he said, eyes dragging down her body.

Rosie clicked her tongue and began to toss more and more parts of his uniform at him, coaxing him to actually get out of bed.

Sebastian chuckled, realising that Rosie was not going to let him stay in bed for much longer. He finally surrendered and stood up, catching the various flying pieces of his uniform.

"Alright, alright, I'm up," he said with a laugh, bits of Slytherin uniform half in his arms and half on the floor.

"Good."

Rosie tapped her foot as she waited for Sebastian to button his vest and jacket, something she thought he probably should have done five minutes earlier, before quickly heading out of the Room of Requirement and almost running towards the dungeons.

"Ah–good of you both to join me," Professor Sharp's gruff voice called from his desk as they crossed the threshold to the classroom.

"Sorry, Professor. I slept in a bit," Sebastian said.

"Hm. No matter, you won't be serving your detentions together for... obvious reasons," Professor Sharp eyed them both with a frown, and Rosie's cheeks grew hot and flushed and she felt Sebastian's eyes burning into her. Not that she'd dare look at him.

"Understood," Rosie said.

"Miss Callahan, you'll be here with me sorting out the potions supply room. Mr. Sallow, I need more dittany leaves. I'm going to ask you to head out of the grounds and collect enough to fill this bag," He said, handing Sebastian a satchel, "I would send Miss Callahan, but, unlike Professor Black, I do not believe the goblins are gone and therefore would not like to send her out of the castle grounds unnecessarily."

Sebastian nodded and headed out the classroom, offering Rosie a small smile and nothing more, not like there was anything more he could offer her.