Chapter 37

CW: very light descriptions of sex and tiny reference to substance abuse

It had been one week and one day since the visit to Vincent's home and Sebastian was trying his absolute hardest to remain focused on Rosie, Anne's curse and his school work to try and forget the gnawing feeling in his mind and gut that he still needed potions to sleep.

He was sleeping, mostly due to Rosie's insistence that she wasn't going to sleep until he did, and he wasn't dreaming as much, but they were still there.

And that made him crave the feeling of the potion dragging down his throat, settling in his stomach and lulling him into the best sleep he'd ever had.

But instead, he was fighting hard, the sweats and fever gone, but the fidgeting and anxiety remained and that was taking a toll on his everyday life.

Ominis had headed out to Hogsmeade with Imelda on Saturday afternoon to continue their ploy of convincing everyone they only had eyes for each other, leaving Rosie and Sebastian alone and that led to them locking and charming his dormitory to be silent.

Though, while the initial excitement that they were finally alone and horny and Sebastian was feeling well enough to actually do things with her was great, he found himself zoning out, hips rocking back and forth mindlessly while Rosie dragged her hands down his back. Normally, that would have driven him wild. But not that day.

"What's the matter?" Rosie asked, her hands falling by her side as Sebastian continued to rut into her.

"N–nothing," He mumbled, "F–feels good."

"I'm sure it does, so why haven't you come yet? I already have. Twice."

"Now you're mad that I can last?"

"I'm mad that you're clearly not into this." Rosie groaned. "Bash, just... stop."

She pushed him off her and slid out from beneath him, suddenly feeling self-conscious and covering her bare chest with her arms.

"Rosie, please. It's not you, I promise. My head... it's just a mess."

Rosie scoffed. "It's hard not to be offended..."

"No!" Sebastian cried, pulling her into his arms despite her protests and not letting go. "I promise. It's not you. Merlin, I don't even know why you're with me. If anything, you should be running from me. It is never you. You are perfect. Please, believe me. It's my head that's fucked up."

Rosie's brows furrowed as she debated trying to leave, but she did feel inclined to believe him. "Fine."

"I'm going to take you for a walk, okay? Maybe to the boat house. Air might do me some good." Sebastian said, sitting up and rebuttoning the shirt that been hanging loosely from his body and tucking himself back into his pants.

"A walk?" Rosie replied, sitting up and smoothing her hair, rebuttoning her blouse and tucking her breasts back into her bra.

"Yep." Sebastian said as he rebuttoned his trousers and stood up, locating his shoes he'd tossed across the room in his haste to bed Rosie.

When they were both thoroughly and decently dressed to an acceptable standard, they left Sebastian's dormitory and headed out of the castle, finding a pleasantly warm day that had Sebastian regretting putting a jacket back on.

As they left the grounds and began the descent to the boat house, Sebastian pulled the jacket from his body, slinging it over his shoulder as the warm sun began to beam down on him.

But Rosie seemed unphased, the rays of light hitting her long, blonde hair that was shifting side to side as she descended the stairs.

Sebastian dropped back a few steps and watched the swivel of her hips with every downward step, the way the wind gently blew her hair back and the way her body bounced with every step she took.