•Coffee•Jeno•

You were the 'quiet girl' in school, which meant no one bothered you.
Except for some close friends.
You didn't get bullied or anything; you were just there to graduate, and you preferred it that way.

Until the day the captain of the football team came crashing into your life.

No joke.

He was playing a stupid game of catch in the school hallways, and he ran into you trying to save you from the ball, which he did.
But he also knocked the books out of your hands, spilling your coffee all over your clothes.

He puts the ball down. "Oh, sorry," he says, stooping down to grab your fallen stuff.

He grabbed your books, your notebook, and the coffee cup that was now empty.

"Here," he says, giving you your stuff back.

You looked at him, he was tall, with one of those beautiful smiles that you've ever seen.
He was really handsome,  no wonder everyone is crushing over him.

He looked down at the spilled coffee, then back up at you.
When you made eye contact, he smiled slightly.

"Sorry about the coffee," he says awkwardly, smiling. "It's fine," you say.
"I guess I'll have to take you out and buy you
another coffee," he suggested.

You realized that he was asking you out.
And judging by his smirk, he knew that was pretty smooth.

"Do you even know my name?" you asked.
"You're Y/N, I'll see you tonight at 7, just text me." He says, grabbing the pen from your ear and writing his number on your palm.

"See you at 7, sweetheart," he called out as he walked away, causing the crowded hallway to stare.

You didn't really feel like going because he was a complete stranger who only thought to ask you out because he thought you were pretty. Plus, you had a really important test you had to study for, so you decided to do that instead. So you didn't go.

~

The next day at school, you kind of avoided him, since you didn't want to see him get mad at you for not coming.
Like your ex.🤨

You thought you were safe until he cornered you after your last period.

"Okay, I guess it's my fault, I'm a stranger, and we barely even see each other.
But I really want to get to know you"
he rambles, looking nervous.

"So hi, I'm Jeno, and I think you are the most perfect person I have ever met," he says.

You roll your eyes, suppressing a smile.
"Y/N," you say reluctantly.
He smiles again, in an annoyingly cute way.

"So, besides being a football captain, who are you?" I wondered.
"Well, I have to go now, but maybe we could talk later or meet up for coffee. not like a date or anything, I'll pay," he suggested, shrugging.
"Just this once. And I never turn down free coffee," you said.

~

It was almost time, and as you were getting ready to go meet Jeno at a nearby café, you decided to wear something cute and casual.

You walked into the café and saw Jeno sitting inside by himself, playing with his fingers, looking kind of nervous.

He looked good.
Like he actually made an effort.

When you walk in the door, his eyes land on you, and his face lights up.

"Hey, you actually showed up this time," he remarks, getting up and pulling your chair out for you.

"Surprise," I smile.

"Okay, so who are you really, Mr. Jeno?" You asked, and he laughed lowly.
"I know you like football, and aren't you a player?" You said.
"I only play because it's fun. And even though I'm popular, I don't have hundreds of side chicks. I barley even date."

"that's reassuring." You mumble sarcastically, and he laughs again.

Damn that smile.

"Is it crazy to tell you that you're my second date?"
"Second only?!" You said  in shocked.
"What were you expecting?" He asked
"Around 15 to 20," you said, making him laugh.

Soon after your food and coffee arrived.
You two ate and talked about life.
He looked at you in an interesting way.
Like the way that people in love look at each other.
You felt really comfortable with him.

"Y/n, I've been thinking, Wanna be friends? And maybe more in the future?" He grinned after saying the last sentence.

You decide, why not give him a chance?