08. Tutor

AN:) First of all, chapter longgg ik. 2 in one. Idk when again. School is schooling.

Oye and mek sure unuh vote.😩

(Didn't get to proofread) so cut yuh eye pass the mistakes. 🛌📲

📍JOHNS ROAD, SPANISH TOWN

N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

I step out on the phone with Eric, ignoring the excitement

I step out on the phone with Eric, ignoring the excitement. After he told me the directions for their church I hang up.

Keno is next to me. My cousin and bodyguard.

"You try make me meet di girl," Mommy laughs.

(Make sure I meet the girl)

She's always assuming. Only difference is, she's right this time.

Nah tell har that though.

"A affi woman make him even a think of church," Lorie kiss her teeth.

I don't even look at her.

"Him look reallllll sexy," Marsha, mommy's best friend says eyeing me.

"You a big woman eno," Lorie attacks her. Marsha laughs.

"Mi know Nickoi from him a likkle bwoy, me nuh know a wah yuh feel. This is how I joke with him. Full time yuh stop walk and carry feelings baby love," she cuts her eyes.

Lorie keeps staring at me. "You did affi dress up fi go a church?" she's on my case now.

Her eyes seemingly glossy.

"You just sick me stomach," she looks away. It's just a week ago we-

Lowe that.

My father jumps off the wall coming closer. He doesn't smile really. He speaks with his eyes. I see the mischief in them.

"The sinna a go church?" his eyes fixed on me.

"Yah," I chuckle.

"Well...Keno a fawud wid yuh. Only way yuh a go yuh zimi?" his voice commands the whole area. Everyone falls silent.

Keno chimes in. "And me ago give yuh space bad man...me know how yuh stay."

I nod before turning to my siblings. They're laughing about me going to church. In disbelief actually.

"Youth me know yuh too well," Junior, my big brother speaks with a head shake. He rarely speaks.

"Eeeh, this ya man ya foot never step inna Church yet," Jordane laughs. He's enjoying this a little too much.

"Right," Janel, his twin agrees. "But you look sharp and sweet big brother."

"Regula day," I smile.

My eyes finds mommy, standing at the door staring quietly. She ironed my clothes, and help me get dressed, she has a knowing smile on her face. I watch as she cross her arms over her breast.