102. Bow

Hey🎀 Y'all asked for justice? I'll give you guys justice

📍 KONCHUS KARE, KINGSTON
Z A R A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

📍 KONCHUS KARE, KINGSTONZ  A  R  A ᴢᴀʀᴀ

"Put—put in yuh tongue. Who you a kyade?" I lean in to kiss her. She turns her head making me grasp my heart.

"Wow," I dramatically say. She looks away from me. "Wowwww."

The nurse walks in.

"A so she pretty and chunky?" She beams, Zhari on my lap, her eyes now fixed on the syringe that she's preparing.

Watch how quick she get militant.

"Mi nuh know how she nah cry and she see the syringe," I smile down at her. Her curly hair grazing my lips.

"You nuh get a thing from me," I poke her.

The nurse laughs. "A so it always go."

"Eeeeh? Look and act like har pah," I complain then I remember something making me laugh. "You did know say baby see period when dem born?"

She's smiling. "It's a neonatal period."

"Mi nearly mad out when mi see mi baby vagina a bleed, only fi know say it's normal fi baby do that because of maternal hormones."

"Yupp," she laughs with a nod. "It usually happens in the first or second week. Dem usually say it means the baby get a lot of your genes."

"A that's why mi bring it up because mi grandmother say that," I laugh. Zhari just taking us in. Her face still serious.

"Go see how you swear sup'm do the baby," she's almost through with preparing the needle.

"Mi hurry up and call the doctor then she explain say it's normal and it's because she get mi genes. So a must that alone she get from me."

"Yeah, it's called pseudo menstruation too," she moves closer, now applying new gloves.

Smiling down at her, I peck her forehead. Her eyes isn't leaving the nurse. Her eyebrows furrowed.

A wah upset me baby?

A cyaaa the like needle.

Bouncing my legs with a rhythm to cheer her up, I see her look up at me annoyed. This likkle feisty Pitney.

"Nuh me carry you fi 9 months?" I gently pinch her. "Eeeh? Nuh me go through 27 hours of labor pain fi yuh?"

She turns her attention to the nurse, her lips pouting.