66. Parallel

Y'all read in black? White or Cream?

No proofread..

📍SPRING GARDEN, ST. THOMAS
N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

One word. Large.

The support out fi mi dawg funeral.

It still doesn't take away from the sadness, the tears and the fact that a the last day with him but it's good to see the turn out.

"Jah know Rick.."I stare at the pin with his picture.

I shift my attention to the music.

"Lift up my lights, so my sacrifice and I hear a voice keep saying angels cover me..."

Big Drip is blasting as we drive from the Church to his final resting place. The journey is a bit long.

I'm in the hearse.

We're now in St. Thomas, Spring Garden where his father is from.

"How the Carriage ago manage this road?"the driver scratches her head.

"Just go slow," I say and look in the mirror to see my Benz behind.

I smirk.

Rain was falling here making me pissed.

I look down at my white Desert Clarks.

"Jah know. Kinda crosses dis?" I say more to myself.

The lady laughs.

"Wah now?"

"Rain dida' fall. Nutt'n me hate like a rainy funeral," I shake my head.

"Nutt'n about funerals no nice. Rain or shine. How it sound like yuh always deh a funeral so," she's curious.

"Believe," is all I say.

*****

Zara's POV

I keep my focus on the road, we're directly behind the Hearse. Behind us is a train of cars, and a crowd of people walking.

Dancers and bands leading.

"Jah Jerrrrrrrr! This big lakka Bob Marley Funeral to Clartttt," Sash exclaims.

Mama gives her a look.

"Micheal Jackson yuh mean?" comes Gavin's voice.

"The two a dem combine," Sash looks over at Gavin. Mama snaps at them.

"Time and place!"

We laugh.

"Mama yuh even know Rick yah come a funeral?" Sash bothers her.

Mama sets good with her lip shooting out.

"You know mama go a' everybody funeral, she no care a how far or a who," Gavin laughs.