18. Love

📍NORTH STREET, KINGSTON COLLEGE

N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

Gutta walks around me with his eyebrows up in shock contorted with disbelief. Rick and Scar are seated on the teacher chairs blocking the corridor, while I'm seated on the railing.

"Tek time pan wah?" Gutta ask in a serious tone, he's trying so hard to hold his laughter back as he stares at me.

I already start smiling as I vibe to the song.

In a quick motion I avert my eyes to my iPhone's camera. It's extra clean today. Usually it looks this good in the sun but I just feel like Zara has something to do with this.

Hear the man.

"The man a talk bout tek time tek time," Gutta shakes his head.

I start bouncing, my shoulders rocking to the side as I sing teasingly. He's glaring at me, I'm smiling. My gun in my hand. It's on safety.

Good thing yuh gun nuh pink.

"And top gyal nuh compete Tory Burch pan mi feet, and mi never...fi it, wah gimme five grand bwoy move yuh.." I sing and fan him off.

"Nuh bother with the y business bad man," he kiss his teeth.

I continue. "Nuh wah nuh bruck meech, nuh wah nuh bruck choppa," my friends erupts in laughter along with the other students who are walking past us.

He sits down and I look down the Hallway and see Lennox walking out of a classroom. I don't stop staring. As I do, I hear Rick calling out to him.

"Yow?"

He makes a circular motion with his fingers as he moves in the next direction. I'm still staring in deep thoughts. Rick looks back at us and mutters.

"A me alone notice how the man a move different?"

"How different?" Gutta turns to him. Scar lets out a laugh. I look at him. He starts laughing when he noticed my stare.

"Me nah laugh eno bad man. If yuh have sup'm fi say, say it to me cause me nuh do the bag a go round go round thing," I speak coldly, you would never believe I was just acting the way I was just now.

Like batty man?

I notice the silence.

"A wah gwaan?" Gutta ask, looking between us. He notices the awkwardness between us. Rick too.

"Like Scar have sup'm fi tell man," I pick up the vape, take a puff and exhale the smoke. Cold eyes on him.

Scar laughing.

We grew up together but out of all of us. He was the only one I couldn't get along with. For that reason, we don't grow to have that brotherly bond that I have with Alrick and Gutta.

Wah bout Lennox?

One time.

We used to move like we born together. 'Brothers fi life.' Make plans together. You wouldn't see me and not see him.

But now..

Mi can feel things changing slowly but surely. Nuh know if a because of Zara or it's deeper than that.