40. Abashed

Mua💋 vote.

📍BUFF BAY, PORTLAND

N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

"Yow mi dawg me sorry all a this a gwaan a swear to yuh," Dino calmly says, in an apologetic manner, he doesn't need to.

Nickoi me name..

Me ago Gov regardless.

"That a the least mon," I respond sounding just as calm and step out of the house. On the inside; I feel dead.

Jah know.

Know this did'a come next.

Her words still echoes in my brain. They rip through my heart. What can I say? Mi lose a good ooman over foolishness.

All because mi an act off a mi emotions.

Jah Jah.

Cut up bout mi youth..

And if me a be honest, every second it comes to my brain, me just numb.

How a man even deal with dem thing ya?

Feel like mi o' go crazy dawg. Should a at least deh bout fi comfort her, seeing that we both lost a part of us.

Neva' know dat still and everything done gone bad.

"Thing set a way..." Dino lifts his hat, scratch his head awkwardly and place it back.

I open the grill and step out of the house.

"As mi say bro...say gov yuh zimi?" I walk towards my Benz. A thought comes to me and turn to look at him. He looks dejected.

"Take care a har fimme and call yuh aunty...Ms. Michelle she need fi know she Gov," is all I say before I pull the car door.

"YOW NICKKK!" Dino shouts frantically. I snap my head around and watch as a silver Axio pulls over at the gate, blocking me in. The passenger already has a gun pointing at me.

He begins to fire and I jump in the car and crouch down. I reach for my gun, cock it and turn. I press the window at a comfortable angle and start shooting back.

Noticing that they're reversing. Still shooting. They make a wild turn, hitting the car in the wall and speed off.

I register their license plate.

Rookie dem, come pan a move and nuh remove the license plate?

I send it to Genius without context cause I'm still adrenalized.

"YO GOOD DAWG?!" Dino runs out of the house immediately. He ran inside the moment they started firing.

Zara behind him.

You'd a never believe say a she just cuss me off.

"Mi Gov man," I tell Dino. "You know who dem?"

That's my main concern right now.

I'm panting.

Asthma try nuh ramp with man right now eno cause me nuh walk with no inhaler.