76. Toxic

This apt shall be legendary...

📍SYXX, OLD CHURCH AVE
Z  A  R  A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

"A the place this?" Mommy ask her friend on the phone

"A the place this?" Mommy ask her friend on the phone. "Syxx?"

"Yeah," it isn't Monica. I thought it was but me get that wrong. The apartment complex is really nice, the area seemingly calm.

She parks after signing in then she looks over at me. She just picked me up from school then told me she had someone for me to meet. I can't focus, it just hard.

All mi can think bout is the lies they're telling on me.

"Wah do me baby?" Mommy looks around at me. Her tone soothing.

"Mi alright mommy," I lie.

"How the Sba's go?" her eyes on the camera ensuring that the car is straight.

"They're good. I just need help with the calculation part in the Maths Sba," I say and skim through the selfies I took on my way to school this morning.

"I'll ask around and see i—" her phone rings, she gasp. The way she jerks back at the caller ID wasn't normal. I watch as her face turns red.

A wah this?

"Why him nuh stop?" she mutters, it's none of my business so I look back at my phone.

By instinct, I click on WhatsApp to see him typing. Fi a crosses, we soul really tie. Cause why me always know when him send me a message?

Chro, mi just love him so.

My man🫦
Why mi nuh hear from yuh whole day? Everything Gov?
4:23 pm

I read it without opening the message. My favorite thing to do. Reaching for my Kipling bag, I take a deep breath.

The bad dawg mommy bought for me I finally reach for it. It has ketchup, mayo and mustard. I moisturize my hand with hand sanitizer before taking a bite.

"Mommy mi can go somewhere?" I ask curiously.

"Yea, just remember say me no want yah sleep out," she drops her phone in her bag, takes a deep breath and steps out.

"Stay in the car," she adds.

So, she never say we ago meet somebody?

She spots my face expression just as she's about to close the door and says. "Mi soon come back fi make you meet Mr. Samuels. He's gonna get a summer job for you."

I get excited about that.

"Okay," I nod then she walks away, as I eat I keep my eyes on my mommy.