108. Fish & Festival

Heyy🎀
Weird food combinations you like?

📍HAMBANI ESTATES, KINGSTON 6
N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

Stretching my legs, I hear Zara on the phone complaining to Ms. Michelle. "Nickoi don't wash plate! Nickoi don't clean—"

"Nickoi just provide," I chime in, eyes on the game.

Weh yuh come from dawg?

She throws a cup in the sink. It noisily clanks the metal. She's dressed in a dress that hugs her figure too much for my liking.

Worst when she a go pan the road without me.

"You can breed inna that?" I ask her. She kiss her teeth, moving to the next pot. She made food for Zy'ra.

Cause if it up to you yuh just give the baby formula.

Formula with the formula pro dispenser at that.

Just wah live easy. That's what money and technology does anyways.

Yasir is at school.

"Chrissy nuh deh yer today, mi go see who aguh wash dem cause a nuh me. Right now me a guh over school go collect mi transcript!" she snaps.

Jah know.

Zy'ra creeping on the floor. She taps Zara's legs.

"Mi a come baby," she glances down at her with a pink plate in her hand.

"Alright Zara nuh stress yourself no more. Henry wouldn't wah see yuh like that," Ms. Michelle tells her.

Jah Jah.

She a move so from them bury har father yesterday.

"Yeah mommy, later mi talk to yuh," she hangs up and lift Zy'ra in her feeding chair. She puts down her plate in front her.

"Baba," Zy'ra coos, swaying her arms.

"Mommy loves you yer baby?" she pecks her cheek

I pause the game, just observing her. Her anger making her clumsy. She fumbles, dropping things. She pins the bib on Zy'ra and hands her a tiny spoon.

Not wanting to piss her off anymore, I stand from the sofa and walk to the kitchen to actually wash the plates.

Not even mommy couldn't get mi fi wash a cup.

Jah know star.

Wah dis me gone to?

I wash the baby bottles first. Annoyed each time I pick up another cup.

 Annoyed each time I pick up another cup