106. Silence

Hey guys🤍 What time for you?🥂

📍STONY HILL, ST. ANDREW
H E N R Y
ʜᴇɴʀʏ

"Just leave!" Zara shouts. Not wanting to hear me out.

Her boyfriend's stare frigid. He doesn't say anything. Zara glares at Monica, then back at me.

Ah bwoy.

"How yuh fi sleep with mommy best friend at my baby shower at that?! Sup'm so precious and important to me! Do you even know what the baby gender is? If you don't. You don't even have to know. Just leave."

That hurts me.

Yuh hurt har too Henry. How yuh fi do that a har baby shower?

"Zara mi sorr..." just shut up Henry cause you nuh have nuh'n make sense fi say.

"Mi and Michelle did a argue then Monica just c—"

"I don't want to hear it, weh mi mother deh? That's what I want to know!" she's irate, just looking around.

I shrug.

"To be honest with yuh Zara, mi nuh really sure weh she turn," I breathe out. "But mi sorry fi do this baby girl."

She walks away, Nickoi doesn't move. Intimidating me. I pick up my keys and step out pass him.

"Bwoy mi just always a do the wrong things," I mutter.

Monica is walking next to me with her head hanging. We get in the car in silence and I drive out, feeling empty.

Why mi cya' just bill?

Why mi cya' just be a good father? Why me always do bullshit?

"Wah mi dida think?" I ask myself in anger. Monica is still tense. I notice she keeps running her arms.

I breathe out, driving at normal speed.

While maneuvering down the street I notice a car making every turn I make.

A who dat?

It's a black Mark x.

"You notice deh car deh?" I look over at Monica who is still trying to recover from the embarrassment.

"Which car?" she looks over her shoulder. Her eyes narrowed.

"Jesus.." she mutters.

"It keep on a make we turns. Me aguh turn pan a different road and see if dem turn too," I say adrenalized.

My blood running cold.

I make the turn and the car makes the turn too. "It turn too," her voice shaky.

"Fada a wah this?" I breathe deeply and step on the gas. The KIA speeds off, accelerating rapidly.

Within seconds, it turns into a chase.

"Jesus!" Monica cries. "Maybe a Michelle? Maybe a she send somebody."

I don't want to believe that.

I don't want to!

Why Michelle would a send smaddy fimme? That nuh make no sense.

"Michelle nuh know we just sleep together," I remind her.

She sighs nervously. "So why she leave the baby shower?"

I speed past red lights, heading to a police station. The Mark x slams in my trunk, my car jerks. I speed even more.

"Fada God!" I let out.

Seconds after, Monica flicks out a gun from her bag. "You a shoot dem?" I'm smiling. She doesn't smile back.