21. Narcos

I love this.
Hope you do too. Sign in

📍PHOENIX PARK VILLAGE, PORTMORE

What is wrong with this woman? Is she my mother?

I take my Yeezy foams off, still watching as she complains to my mother. I shake my head with furrowed eyebrows.

"Michelle?"

"Yea..." mommy is now inside, she seems a bit confused. "Wah yaw say?"

"Weh Zara a come from?"

Mommy sighs. "She was at the hospital accompanying a young man."

"So who him be?"

"You are not our mother," Qara chimes in, in defense. Monica snaps her head around in disapproval.

"Qara mind me slap your little bam bam," she smiles. My mother leans against the fridge, she isn't pleased by Monica.

"Don't slap her tho," mommy speaks firmly.

"Nosa...after me nuh want Henry kill me," she jokes.

Mommy then turns her attention to me. Staring at me in frustration.

I look back at Monica.

"Wah?" she smiles but it's out of surprise, looking down at Qara.

Qara repeats herself firmly.

"I said you are not our mother," she's so tiny looking up at Monica.

Can imagine she's more blunt than me?

"Alright enough," mommy chimes in.

Monica isn't always around. She's my mother's close friend who lives in Sunshine City. She has three daughters who I can't necessarily get along with.

They're okay..

But definitely not my friends.

If I happen to see them Half Way Tree, we greet each other but that's about it. Thy aren't my friends.

Leonie is the oldest she goes to Tarrant High, the middle child Jessie goes to Vauxhall and Tya goes to Camperdown. The youngest that I can actually get along with. Sometimes. All three of them lives in different areas with their father. So Monica is the last person who should behave like a 'mom' because everyone and their mother knows that she can't handle her daughters.