104. Game

What time for you?🤍

&' who has the best comebacks? Nickoi or Zahir?

📍HOMESTEAD, PORTMORE
N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

Wah dem a look pan man fa? Fuss dem a hear say smaddy dead?

"Weh she get shot?" Sash gasp.

"In her face," the witch woman's husband says. Betta you lock chat.

"Him a Don?" One of Zara's aunt mutters.

"Nuh him this?"Another one ask, one puts her hand over her head. The others just staring in fear.

Zara's granny leaps up from the sofa in fury. "The blood of Jesus against yuh! So nuh the same way yuh can guh kill off mi grand daughta too?!"

"Jesus..." another one mumbles.

Mama glares at me. "What a cold act man. Smaddy can cold so?"

Wah'm to dah ooman yah?

I kiss my teeth.

Best if mi cut.

"Zara, yaw move or wah?" I glance at her. She breathes out, grab her bag and walk through the door.

I don't bother to drive my Lexus. I have to be extra careful now.

Affi switch it up.

Today I went home, washed off the gunpowder and wear a shocking color green hoodie for the first time.

"Pass the key," I request. She zips her purse, pull out the fob key and hand it to me. She drove my Silver Maybach Benz today.

Ever since man give her the access she a have a field day with my garage.

I move the babies to the Benz and hear Zara sigh behind me.

Pulling the car seat for her, she climbs in. I close it before jumping in. Pressing the button, the Maybach comes to life. I glance at the mirror and drive off.

What was I thinking?

You never a think dawg. Yuh just act off emotions.

Jah Jah.

It's already done. I just need to think fast. They already have my name. It's only a matter of time before they come for me.

With that thought, I make a swift turn to an opposite direction.

"Uh—" Zara starts but stops herself.

There are camera footages. People saw me. There are witnesses. Shit, man neva' a hide still. Everything brawlin'.

Just calm down dawg...

We got this. We got this.

"Wah aguh happ'm?" Zara looks over at me. Nav a clue.

"Everything Gov," I lie. I don't need her worrying about my shit. This is my problem, I created it. I'll fix it.

"Dem have yuh name," she continues. She's nervous.

"Everything Gov baby, believe me when me say that," I say not knowing what my next move is. I trust myself enough to know that I'm going to figure this out.

Not wanting any sort of attention. I head to my apartment in Salisbury Avenue. Zara is confused.

"Which part we a go?"

I don't answer.

"Huh?" she tries again.

Still, I don't answer.