31. News

📍ST HUGH'S HIGH SCHOOL

Z  A  R  A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

It's just 30 minutes before school ends when the principal announces a very disturbing news that a fellow colleague is no longer with us.

Mr. Jermaine McKenzie.

"Wah?" I look around surprised, my eyes almost popping from their sockets. "Him dead?"

Yuh care?!

Waste man fi deaddddd! The heartless girl in my head says adding gloss to her already shine lips.

Enough of you.

Back to reality we go!

My lips hanging down to the floor. I can't believe the words that are leaving my Principal's lips.

We were having Hsb and to be honest with yuh...

Mi nuh know weh Ms. Barnett just turn.

Everybody turn headless chicken.

"Mi rawwwww," comes Gina's voice. Her face growing pink.

Anna shakes her head in disbelief at the sound of the intercom, then she lets out a depressing. "Mi cya believe this."

Hm, well guess what?

He had that coming!

Why she have me a feel like a cold hearted killer?

Like a wicked gyal?

Mi nuh Christian?

You?!

Nosah, this nuh alright..

Suzanne is staring in silence. As usual. That's the thing with her, she doesn't say anything, she just looks.

Neva see a gyal weh can 'mind her business, but nuh really mind her business' at the same time so yet.

The lady truly deserve a trophy.

Cause that? Is a skill.

An awkward feeling looms over me.

Why though?

Maybe because I'm human.

Hm, she's filing away her nails carelessly. I'm convinced this side of me can kill.

But seriously though...

I do feel a little for him. Even though I didn't like a bone that made him up.

You a fool?

Go celebrate. Him would a probably try rape yuh next and chop up yuh body...

Death is so awful.

No one deserves it.

Some people do..

And we are not gonna sit down here and act like that's a lie..

Somebody cya' tek deh girl ya outta my head?

I keep looking around.

Why? You guilty?

Relax man.

I do just that.

By the looks of it everyone is in a state of shock. Across from me, I see Talia and her friends crying as if they really knew this man.

Pfff.

I roll my eyes.

Like she and her friends were welllllllll seasoned in his life.