82. Cookies

I'm backkk🤍
What number are you?

📍HENDERSON, NORTH COROLINA
Z A R A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

Crouching over, I bite my burger, hiding behind the drive thru window, giggling along with my coworkers

You can't be serious.

"I can't believe you're leaving us," Cáliz says, she's Dominican.

I'm actually going to miss them; they were all I had.

I'm going back home.

Kash is going live.

"Yea, and I'm already behind in school."

"Well Kash better treat you right," Alaina smiles.

"He is," I nod.

Cáliz shakes her head.

"Nah, I'm praying you get back with that ex he's too fine and everybody know that's where your heart is."

Blushing, I look away with an eye roll.

She pokes me. "Look at her cheesing."

"That ship sailed," I look away.

"Well, come hea'," they close the window and each gives me a warm hug.

Cáliz adds.

"Hopefully when Hakeem hits and we get our baby you'll be her teacher."

"Awwww," I press my head on their shoulders.

Who knew I'd form a bond with my Wendy's family?

I laugh out when Gabby squeezes me. She's my plus sized baddie.

"Someone needs a strawberry frosty," the waitress, Emily enters.

They turn to look at me. We all have our specialties here, making frosty and Baconators were mine.

They loved when I worked at drive thru back window too.

"Okay, I'll make that," I smile and move towards the dispenser.

I'm already ready to leave but this won't be long. I make it with love and turn, handing it to Emmy. She smiles and walks off.

"Where's her thanks?" Cáliz rolls her eyes. She's from Bronx I don't expect better.

We laugh.

Silence follows right after.

I drop my hands to my side and look around the building.

A wistful glance, one more hug and I'm outside walking towards the bus station. Hands in my pockets.

It's fall.

I don't usually wear my uniform on my way home. I changed into a high waist jeans, nude body suit with deep brown puffer brown jacket and fur uggs.

I dyed my hair in honey brown, its grabbed in a low ponytail and it grew longer, now flowing in my mid back.