44

Aiko's hero costume was almost soaked through. She hesitated as Vlad only got closer, she didn't want to just leave Kirishima. What if he wasn't unconscious? What if he was hurt? She couldn't just leave him.

A tendril of bloody wire lashed out towards Aiko and she dove away from it. She jumped from the ground the moment she touched it and took to the air, pressing the button on her chest.
Though she wasn't that experienced when it came to air powered flight she still knew she would have more of an advantage in the air than scrambling around in the ground.

She was able to easily move to either side from this position, avoiding his attacks. She waited there nervously, looking down at her opponent. He didn't seem too happy about this development.
"You're a poor representation of your class." Vlad said with his usual drawl, throwing small shards of blood at Aiko.
"Cowardly running without second thought. Not so bold anymore huh?"

'What's up with this guy?!'
Aiko thought, brow creased in thought.

He threw two ropes of blood at her, she dodged them but then he sent another right after. It latches into her wing and he pulled her down. Aiko spun to the ground like a crashing Airplane and hit the ground with a thud. Pain flew up her side and the breath was mercilessly pulled from her lungs. She coughed and tried to get up. Stumbling on her feet, but then Vlad pulled the rope again. Trying to throw her after Kirishima.

Aiko frantically hit her chest, her wings collapsed and his wire snapped. She rolled on the ground but got up again quickly.

She wasn't good at this, she needed time to think and distance in-between her and him. This was his specialty and it was her weakness currently.

The sky rumbled above them but Aiko hesitated. Sure she didn't like Vlad very much, but she didn't want to strike him with literal lightning. He probably wouldn't even survive it.

She scrambled away, ducking into and Alley and scaling the fire escape quickly. It was wet and slick with rain, but the bottom of her shoes had small grips. Designed to allow her to run on slick surfaces easily.
"Get back here."
She heard him growl but she ignored it.

He was three times Aiko's size. He was strong but definitely not limber. He didn't have slip resistant shoes either.

She was pulling ahead.

'Thats it... what are my strengths? And his weaknesses? I'm smaller and quicker. While he could beat me in a flat out run I can dodge and beat him in a sprint.'

She bite her lip and pulled herself to the roof. Her hair was soaked and the rain kept on beating on her back. She had to calm down, this wasn't helping her.
She ran across the slick roof, hoping when Vlad followed he would have difficulty doing the same.

His footsteps pounded on the roof. Aiko could have sworn his eyes were glowing red in anger. She had heard him fall and stumble several times when he was scaling the wet metal.

She bit her lip, watching him from across the roof.
'Alright... if I aim just right he won't be able to catch himself. At just the right point with just the right angle...'
She concentrated.

He walked towards her, blood coming from his gloves and turning into blades.
'Gah, what is he gonna do?! Shank me?! How is this guy even a pro?!'

"You told me I shouldn't be a hero... when you lack the confidence and bravery to become one." The man said, taking a few more steps forward.

'Not yet.'

"Your hypocrisy is pathetic."

'A Little closer...'

"Where's that boldness?! Huh?! You were so disrespectful before, but now you won't even speak-"