63

Denki Kaminari woke up with a pounding headache. His skin had a welp on it, what happened?

Aiko.

They had Aiko.

He bolted upright, but he wasn't in that classroom anymore. He was in a hospital.
He looked around frantically. What happened?! Aiko, was she alright? Did the heroes save her? Who had punched him? It had all happened so quickly.

"Denki!"
A female voice cried out, he felt familiar arms wrap around him. "Denki honey I was so worried, thank god you're okay. My little boy." His mother kissed his forehead several times.

"M-mom."
He choked out, rubbing his nose. He hadn't't gotten this much attention from her since... Well probably since the last villain attack.

"My precious baby boy." She whispered. "I love you so much honey." She said, hugging him tightly.

"I love you too mom..." He whispered. "Mom... What happened, my class.... Aiko..."
He stammered slowly.

His mom was quiet.
"I'm... I'm sorry honey. They... They haven't found your friends yet."

Denki jerked away.
"F-friends?! What do you mean? W-who else? Mom who else is missing?!" He choked out, rubbed his eyes.

"Shh...." She said gently, rubbing his face and arms in a soothing manner. "I'm sorry sweetheart. It was that other boy... The one who won the sports festival, Bakugou I believe."

"Bakugou... Fuck." He ran his hands through his hair. "Oh shit...." He whispered. "They got them both?"

Bakugou might be an ass, but he was one of Denki's friends. One of his closest friends. And Aiko... Well Aiko was very important to him. Had he lost both of them? No, no they can't be dead.

But what if they were?

What if the villains had slit their throats already? Watching as the pros desperately tried to save two people who were already dead. They had no way of knowing.

No, Aiko's status... They would immediately brag about it if she was dead. No! They would have killed her instead of kidnapping her. There's no way they would have done that.

There was still hope.

And Bakugou was there, he was tough. And scary, he could protect her. He WOULD protect her. He may be an ass, but he was a heroic ass. Plus whether he admits it or not she was his friend and though he would never say it, he cared about his friends.

"I'm so sorry about your friends. But your teachers are looking for them non-stop. They'll find them, I know they will." His mother whispered.

"Mom what am I supposed to do?" He whispered, hugging his mother back. "Mom I... I think I love her." He admitted quietly.

"I know you do."
His mom whispered back, she pulled away and wiped at her son's tears. "I know you do Denki. She'll be okay, she's tough."

"I want to help her. I want to SAVE her mom." He cried, rubbing his cheeks.

"Denki, Honey I know that you're scared. But you need to let the pros handle this. Please sweetie, promise me you won't do anything dangerous. Imagine how hard it will be for your friends if you get hurt too."
His mom whispered.

Denki looked at her, she was crying just as much as he was. He had always seen himself as a burden, but in moments like this. Where his mom was crying at the mere thought of losing him; where she was pleading with him to not do anything dangerous. He realized that she did love him. She loved him so much.

"Okay mom... I-I won't."

💛⚡💛

After a short checkup Denki was cleared to go home. His mother fussing behind him the entire time, counting the seconds before she could get her baby home safe.