7

"Never told anyone anything bad
'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everything."

She pointed into the crowd, not at Monoma, just into the air. She had a genuine pained expression on her face.

"And all that you did was make me fucking sad."
She shook her head and put a hand to her chest.

"So don't waste the time I don't have!
And don't try to make me feel bad!

I could talk about every time that you showed up on time
But I'd have an empty line 'cause you never did!"

She almost laughed and greats around the crowd squeezed as she sang out verses that were so relatable and so painful that it hurt them to watch and to listen.

"Never paid any mind to my mother or friends
So I shut 'em all out for you 'cause I was a kid!"

She pointed at her heart and made a wide gesture to the rows in front of her. She stared at Monoma and his heart pounded inside his chest, aching the same way it ached for her when he watched Todoroki burn her yesterday.
Aching the way it did when he woke up from his drunken state and found her next to him with dried tears in her eyes.

The same way it did when she flinched away and sobbed that one day in the classroom. When she told him about what happened in her house and how she was almost kidnapped.

He was always aching for her. Even when he was the cause. He didn't know what was wrong with him, how he could easily shift from feeling deep empathy and then feeling nothing at all.
How he can go from loud and angry to sad and remorseful in just a few seconds.

How he can love someone with all his heart, and still hurt her.

He was a monster.

"You ruined everything good.."

The music picked up quickly as her voice steadily got louder, the song reaching its climax quickly.

"Always said you were misunderstood...
Made all my moments your own...

JUST FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"
She yelled, tears glistening in her brown eyes and sweat misting her forehead and she belted out the finally note.

It was basically a scream as the music pounded through the speakers.

She gasped for breath for a few moments before glancing backstage as the band continued it's music. Hotoki pounded at the drums like she was trying to kill them, sweat beaded on her brow as she knit her eyebrows together in anger and concentration.

They all needed a break.

Aiko smiled and mouthed something to someone backstage, giving them a thumbs up.

"Alright... I'll see you guys in a few!"
She said, waving to the crowd as she started to walk off the stage.

💖💖💖

"Dude that was awesome!"
Kirishima smiled broadly once the lights slowly turned back on.
"Way cooler than the last concert i-"

"You better start explaining yourself!! Right  Now Ejiro Kirishima! before I melt your nuts off for not telling me about this-"
Mina tackled Kirishima and shoved him into his seat.

"Hey! Chill out it wasn't our place to tell!! Don't take this out on me!"
He put his arms out to defend himself with a laugh.

"Our?! Who else knew!?!"
Denki asked.