49

Aiko didn't really know how formal this event was. Nishi told her to just bring a dress that she felt comfortable in. So Aiko had Mrs Bakugou pick her something simple. She ended up with a short white dress.

It seemed to blur the lines between formal and simple

It seemed to blur the lines between formal and simple. Able to fit in with both casual and more dressy occasions nicely. Plus it was comfortable and had pockets which was a win.

Aiko stood waiting in the foyer of the giant tower. She wasn't sure where the actual event was so she was kinda relying on Kato. Who was late.

Aiko cursed and checked her phone. She had given Kato her number but it was all radio silence from him. She wish she had asked for his too.

Had he ditched her? Wouldn't have been the first time someone dipped out on her. Plus she wouldn't be too surprised if that had been the case.

She just wished she had gone ahead with Nishi and Hotoki. But she was currently stuck waiting for him.

'That's it. I'll give him five more minutes, if he's a no show then I'll go back to my room and cry. Before taking a nice hot bath and watching the office.'
Aiko decided with a huff. Maybe she could squeeze a nice song out of this and make it painfully obvious it's about him.

So no one but him would know. And he'd be forced to think of his betrayal to her whenever he turned on the radio and her catchy song started to play-

"Hey! Sorry I'm late!"
Kato jogged over, out of breath.

Aiko turned and started to regret the small revenge plan she had made up in her mind.
"Oh! Hi!" She gave a small wave. 'And here I was about to write a banger song about us.'

Kato was wearing a white dress shirt with a blue tie and black pants. His hair as messy as it had been earlier. "Hey, yeah I came in the wrong entrance and got a little turned around. This place is a total maze." He explained running a hand through his hair.

"I kinda thought you ditched me."
Aiko said honestly with a small laugh.

"What? Only an idiot would ditch you!" He offered her his arm. "It's starting soon, we should probably head up to the Fourth floor." He said.

Aiko took his arm bashfully and he put his hand over hers romantically. Leading her to the elevator. They walked in and he pressed the button for the fourth floor before checking his watch. "Damn it."
He mumbled, running another hand through his hair.

"What is it?" Aiko asked, tilting her head.

"We're just a little late. Sorry-"

There was a rumbling through the building and the elevator shook. Aiko grabbed the handrails and Kato cried out as the elevator rocked and the lights flickered out.
"What the hell?!"
He groaned.

The elevator came to a stop between floors and the lights flickered back on. The two waited for a few seconds for it to start again.

But it didn't. Aiko bit her lip and walked over to the buttons, touching the red 'request help' option on the bottom. But all she got was static in return.
"Well..." she said looking back at Kato.