13

•KEEGAN•

It was like everything was moving in slow motion. I swallowed the rest of my bourbon as Ghost lunged forward pulling Verena off Francisco Marino Sr . She landed next to me out of breath and red. Before anyone could do or say anything Marino had a knife through his hand, and he screamed then gritted his teeth cursing in Italian. Ghost grabbed another knife from his pocket and placed it on his throat. "No matter how fucking good you are there is always someone better." He grabbed him from the tie pulling him to meet his gaze. "Touch her again and I'll fucking gut you like the pig you are." He paused for a second. "You know what, I think I'll do just that."

"Let him go," Verena said angrily. She moved to sit up but I pulled her back. Placing my arm over her shoulder.

"Remember what I said about Gabriel," I said in her ear. She looked up at me confused.

"He isn't Gabriel." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Everyone is Gabriel, Verena." I grabbed her chin forcing her to look back at Ghost. He stabbed Marino's neck, cutting it open slowly. Verena shook her head tears brimming her eyes as she gasped covering her mouth with her hands. Ironic that this still surprises her. I watched her expression carefully, cute. I leaned down to kiss her cheek before getting up. "I going to get the car," I said standing up.

•VERENA•

What the fuck?!? I watched as Keegan got up and walked out. Ghost let go of Fransisco letting his body fall forward and slumping into the ground. König grabbed my arm and pulled me off. "We have to go before guards start pouring in." I nodded still distraught. Ghost dumps his hand on the bucket that the champagne is in, washing off all the blood. Then he grabbed the bottle and poured it over Francisco's body. He was sick. Keegan was sick. I look up at König wondering if he knew that Ghost was going to do that and if he did he was also fucking sick. I gotta fire them but something tells me that they wouldn't leave even if I paid them too.

As we walked down the stairs I felt Ghost place his hand on my shoulder. "Don't. Touch. Me." I groaned pulling my shoulder away.

"O someone mad I killed her old boyfriend." Down an emptier hall around the back of the club, I turned around.

"I'm tired of you. Sick of you. I've tolerated way too much of your mistreatment and considering the fact I'm not a patient woman you're lucky to still be alive." I stepped away from König and stepped closer to Ghost. I could hear König calling our names but he was completely ignored.

"Aw and who gonna kill me, you?" He taunted and my hand was burning to slap him but that's exactly what he wanted. "You are nothing but a pathetic little devil that can't even shoot a deer. Am I supposed to believe you are the one that going to kill me?"

"Fucking hell," König said over the music. He opened a door before I could respond and pushed me in grabbed Ghost and threw him in too, he stopped himself from completely crushing me but that was unavoidable after König squeezed in. "You two can fucking argue on your own fucking time not when we are in the middle of new energy territory."

It was dark in here and crowded. I don't know what I was leaning over but I quickly got uncomfortable. After shuffling around eventually I was standing between them, pressed against them both, just my fucking luck. Footsteps could be heard from the other side of the door. "Fuck." König cursed.

König flickered the lights on and we soon realized we were in a janitor's closet and what I was leaning over was the sink. Ghost leaned over turned on the faucet and washed his hand properly. "Don't start arguing," König said annoyed from behind me.