58

•KEEGAN•

Verena and I landed in Italy around 10 o'clock in the morning. We slept, fucked and ate until we got here. I wasn't sure what her plans were but I guessing not much because she fell asleep as soon as we got to the villa. Didn't even make it to the bed she fell asleep on a chair. I kissed her cheek decided not to move her. She'll wake up easily and try to kill me. I placed a blanket over her and kissed her bare shoulder.

As she slept I watched the city get darker. The city lights polluted the sky. I wondered if we lost power what would the sky look like. The stars. It's been a while since I've seen a sky littered with stars. I don't know how long I stay there watching when Verena woke up as crabby as Dahlia. "Keegan can you get me water please." She said her voice cracking.

I grabbed a bottle from the fridge and pour in a cup for her. She took it thanking me. I moved her legs to sit at the edge of the seat. "Are you sick?" I asked already knowing the answer. I place my hand on her forehead and she was warm but not burning up.

"I'm dehydrated that's all." She said pushing herself off the seat. I helped her up getting up myself. "We gotta go they've probably already started."

"Who are they Verena?" She turned to smile at me. She stepped closer to me getting on her tippy toes to kiss my jaw. Every single piece of my being was aware of her it was like a jolt of lightning crackle through me. I grabbing her chin tracing my thump on her jaw.

"Trust me okay. We will be safe." She pressed a kiss on my lips pulling away she looked at me in my eyes. I felt her arms snake to were my gun was she took it out the holster and dissembled it like a pro setting it down piece by piece. "We won't need this." I wanted to trust her but my perception of world wouldn't let me walk out here without a gun my love for her will.

"We will need it," I said ready to pick a fight.

"No we won't please trust me." She took my hand and intertwined our fingers. "Please."

"Okay." I said regretting it already, I gave up easily. "I better not regret this." She got changed into black jeans and white Nirvana shirt. No make up and some combat boots. Our outfit matched which I'm not sure if it was her intention. She smiled taking my hand.

Her thick curls always bounced with she walked. She grabbed the keys and we headed out. We got outside to see two motorcycles. Ducati brand new. What the fuck. "What are we gonna do with those?"

Verena rolled her eyes and toss a key at me. She grabbed the helmet and put it on. I followed her and did the same. She pulled up her visor up to speak. "Follow me okay." I gave her a thumbs up. She turns her bike on and I almost came in my pants at the sound of the rumble. I followed her enjoying the scenery and the stupid expensive cars out here up until we came done a lone road and she sped off and I dropped a gear to catch up. We pulled up to a parking lot that was littered, littered with bike and crazy muscle cars. Mostly men but when Verena pulled off her helmet a few walked up to her. My awareness spiked but when she smiled back at them I exhaled taking my helmet off.

"Welcome back belle." A men with a thick French accent said. He looked familiar that didn't matter because of the way he looked at Verena. "I've seen you on the news and thought she finally famous. Too beautiful to stay behind the scenes." 

She stepped off the bike they hugged and kissed cheeks. "Tobias it's nice to see you."

"I've heard about your brother I'm sorry. I know that pain." Her eyes saddened and he hugged her. "I was at the funeral and I've never seen you so lost. I couldn't even get your attention."