49

•SIMON•

                   "You don't have to be so mean," Issa said pushing herself off the wall. I looked at her in utter disgust even though she couldn't see my face. We were all wearing our masks. I wasn't being mean that was just who I am. Keegan snorted next to me seemingly knowing exactly what I was thinking. I was debating whether to respond or just leave it. I left it, I didn't care what she thought of me. If she thinks I'm an arse I'm bound to prove her right. We didn't want her here, to begin with, but Marcus insisted. He picked her for a reason to irritate the shit out of us and it was working. She looked like Verena. Her eyes were more innocent than a cat like and her lips weren't as big but she resembled her and I knew the old bastard did this on purpose. I just don't understand what his plan was.

Did he think we would sway? He thought he could bring another girl that somewhat looked like Verena and think I would want her. I could watch her die and feel nothing.

I glanced to see Marcus his dark eyes already narrowing at me.

"Be nice," Keegan warned. "We're all working toward the same goal."

I sighed. I should've gone ahead with König. He went for overwatch which is more my thing but I let him have it, I felt soft. Keegan is moving with Marcus and I'm to be stuck with Issa. Shit idea. I hope Marcus knows I will let her die given the chance. I never agreed to work with him but Keegan suggested it would be best and faster. He was right we cut down on time just because the old fart had resources and people that knew people.

"You better not fuck this up," I warned Issa before we parted from Keegan and Marcus.

"König this is Ghost, how copy?" No answer. Come on rich boy respond. We can't move if he isn't in position. "König, how copy?"

"I'm alive." He answers. "We got a situation."

"What kind of situation?" There was a pause.

"Asshole." Verena's voice came through the coms. I let out a sigh of relief mixed with dread. She was alright, lively as ever and probably pissed.

•VERENA•

"You're with me." Darian said I turned around and glare at him. He tower over me standing so close I could smell him.

"We got our assignment, Darian." Horangi interrupted. He place his hand on his chest and to my surprised he stepped back. "You can't just take her."

They stare each other down and for a moment I thought they were going to fight but Darwin stepped away. Horangi grabbed my arm and pulled me away. Darian let Simon and Keegan know to be aware of our presence and wary about their shooting. "Whatever you do she comes first." Darian stop him with his finger, Horangi nodded before he pulled me away. I turned around meeting his eyes he turned away first running off.

"Whatever your plan is Rowan is our target." Price said over the radio. He was speaking with Simon.

Horangi led us through the back of one of buildings surrounding the main house. "Three inside." I nodded, he broke down the door shooting the first two guys in the head and I shot the last one.

"Will we be able to kill everyone?" I blurted out. He turned to look at me I couldn't see his face hence the black goggles and mask but I could feel the amusement.