22

•KÖNIG•

          A WEEK LATER after Arron Martinez's death, we found Victoria Melo, apparently to Keegan, she was hard to find. She's a therapist but she went into hiding after Mateo's death. The union found out he was seeing her and they assumed he was seeing her for treatment in actuality he was fucking her or they were dating. They use this as a motive to kill him but I think it's because they wanted to hurt Verena.

The conversation didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. Verena wanted to know what was going on between Victoria and her brother but Victoria didn't take that lightly. We stood in the small motel room, I felt cramped in here my head almost touched the ceiling.

"This is your fucking fault. Do you even know Mateo only held up his image for you!?." Victoria yelled pointing at Verena. She stepped closer to her and I was ready to snap her neck if she touched her but Verena put her hand up to stop me. "He was always smiling for you. He was always looking for ways to make you happy. To make you proud! That was his main fucking purpose but you were too much of bitch to even notice. That beautiful smile of his was a mask. He died fucking miserable because of you." Verena slapped her hard. Victoria's head whipped to the side, she instinctively held her cheek.

As soon as Verena did I grabbed her wrist, her body bow shaking and I let her sink into me. She sobbed looking up at me. "She's right." She breathed. "He died miserable."

"Bitch-." Victoria groaned.

"No, he didn't." Ghost said. "But you might if you don't shut the fuck up." He pointed at her giving a warning with his eyes. Victoria closed her mouth but glared at him.

                TWO WEEKS LATER the North of Mexico was cleared for anyone taking. Valeria invaded the police and Manuel transported their drug and the three of them started to conquer, moving south. We took care of everyone who owned these parts and we weren't done. We hunted a lot of people so far but Mexico was huge and the drug business was deep. We had a lot of work to do.

"Tamaulipas down East. We take down three more and claim the territory." Keegan said.

Her guards were being put to work specifically five of her best. They wore balaclavas now and they were learning English. Keegan had to learn some Spanish but he could tell these men were really good. Marcus knows how to pick them. These guards were mostly used for backup and defense. So far we haven't lost any and I think Verena likes that though she would never admit it.

After our brief, Valeria threw a party. Women from the town felt it safe to come out. An upbeat Mexican song blasted through the speaker. People instead started to dance. "This is huapangos," Valeria said before she grabbed Verena and they started dancing. Valeria led holding her waist as Verena followed. They moved around fast to the music jumping around with ease. With their legs basically intertwined and they were pressed together. When the music slowed they did as well Verena moving her hips side to side to the beat.

"Excuse me." Keegan said putting his beer down. Valeria shot us a smirk and Verena laughed at her.

The stopped dancing after two songs until they were asked by two randoms to dance. Before they could answer   Ghost pulled Verena away. The music picked up again and they started to dance. Ghost picked up the movements quick moving Verena body to the beat. They were talking and Verena laughed at what he said.

Once the song finished, I planned on pulling her away before anyone could ask her to dance again but my phone started buzzing in my pants. Glancing up I notice so did Keegan and Ghost. Something told me this wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation.

"Hello."

"Darian." A familiar voice came through.

"Hong-jin?" How the fuck did he get this number.

"Darian whatever the fuck, you have been doing in Mexico has already gotten you in trouble. You guys are surrounded, there is nowhere for you guys to go so just surrender with the girl." Panic surged through my body as I looked up at Verena. A distinguished red dot right on her chest.

"I will kill you." I threatened. I pushed off to pull Verena away from the middle of the space. She looked up at me confused and surprised. Ghost and Keegan surrounded her as well. They were still holding the phone to their ears.

"Not before we shoot her and the two others. To think you would end up doing more dumb shit you end up with drug lord." He snickered. "Just surrender, you might hate me right now but I promise there's a deal in place."

I hung up the phone. "We're surrounded." I said looking at them. We walked into a bathroom.

They hung up their phones we stayed quite listening to the screams. Someone came in Ghost aimed his gun only to see it was one of ours. "Estamos rodeados." We're surrounded.)

"What's going on." Verena said looking at all of us.

"Get everyone inside." Keegan said to the guards. The guards nodded then walked out

"We're surrounded by who?" Verena asked.

"By fuckers from our past." Ghost said. He sucked a breath. "We can get you out but-" He paused.

"But what!" Verena snapped, clearly not like being ignored.

"We gotta stay." I said.

"No." Verena said. "If you go down I'm going to down too."

"No they want us not you." Keegan said.

"I said what I said. It's not like they won't like grab me if we're surrounded."

"Son of bitch." Ghost groaned. "Come on then."

I stepped out of the bathroom first. Mexican special forces pointed their weapons at us. Four man walking up to the front of them. Hong-Jin among them. "Don't make this any harder then it needs to be." A blonde man spoke when an American accent.

We raised our hands in surrender. We were put in handcuffs. I looked over at Verena before a hood was thrown over our heads.

Fuck.

•_•

These last two chapters were unedited. (like most of these chapters) Sorry