48

•VERENA•

             I sat in a corner of the room and the staff lodge where the window was cracked open. My legs propped on a seat across from me. The smell of mushy male, cigarette smoke, and liquor made me want to kill myself and I meant that lightly. It was agonizing being in here but I couldn't say I wasn't entertained. I'm 100% sure Jax has gotten into every girl's underwear in this room. It was like watching an awful early 2000s high school movie. The girl lusts for this man but as soon as Sebastian walks in, in all his older man glory the attention of the feral cats has shifted. I was truly enthralled at how stupid but entertaining this was, honestly, I couldn't judge.

"You still haven't told me your name." The pretty woman from the other day has come. If there was anyone that Jax hadn't gotten to it was probably her. She was older than me but there was something about her that reminded me of someone. Maybe it was her eyes, narrowed and over the shit of the world.

"Verena," I said.

"To be fear, to respect. Beautiful name." She said no hint of a smile on her lips. She was stunning. I don't think anyone could take that away from her. "I've never met anyone with that name."

"And you." I moved my feet from off the seat and she sat down.

"Solana. It means sunshine."

"Well, aren't you radiate," I smirked. She smiled and then let out a chuckle before handing me a shot empty shot glass and grabbing a bottle of tequila from the table beside her.

"That friend of yours?" Solana nodded toward Sebastian who was now having a figurative dick measuring contrast with Jax.

"Sebastian?" I couldn't help but smile holding back the immense urge to laugh.

"Yeah, he is cute."

"Don't let him know that his head is already too big." I leaned forward.

"I wasn't planning to." I already like her.

I ended up staying longer than 30 minutes. Solana was pretty smart and quick-witted. She got drunk enough to spill all the drama surrounding this area. The other girl I saw her with was pregnant and nobody knows who the father was. My stomach plummet to my ass because I had a feeling I knew who. Not my business but it might be Darian. Jax has slept with celebrities and models that have come here and even the lady of the house. My jaw dropped and I started between Solana and Jax. "I don't know what's in between those legs but I will never find out. What's funny is that he doesn't brag. He doesn't care too but the women that sleep with him can't keep it to themselves." I didn't know whether to laugh or just die.

"Why isn't he just a porn star." She shrugged as if she trying to figure the same thing.

"Anyway, why were you in the back working? I know you are rich I've seen you here before a couple of months ago." I wasn't drunk enough to spill all my beans to her but I felt like I could trust her, besides the entertaining stories she had been telling me why not be enlightened?

"My bodyguards dropped me off here like it's daycare and ran off to fight a war for me." I poured another shot in my glass and another in hers.

"Well, that's random." I shook my head.

"You know one, Darian König-"

"The blonde men crafted by the heavens." I ignored the jealousy that coursed through my muscles. "In certain angles, he looks like a girl."

"Yeah, he does." I chuckled. "They left me here thinking that I'm going to stay put."

"And you're not?" Of course, I'm not.