20

•KÖNIG•

             "She's pretty," Tera said. My little brother and his wife came home just to see me, they said they'll be here in exactly 20 minutes. My younger sisters did as well. The youngest brought her girlfriend just to piss off our mother. Our mom was old-school and very judgmental. Thanks to her my siblings and I have a lot of trauma and when confronted about it she denies it and denies it, classic English women. My father on the other hand was tough on all of us but he was also a great father. He made sure we wouldn't go in this world unable to defend ourselves. "She rich too." Tera beams. Her blue eyes trailed after Verena longer than necessary.

"Oí, she isn't available, and nor are you." Ghost snapped. Tera turned to look at him and grinned.

"Who is she with, then?" Tera asked enthusiastically. Ghost snorted and turned to look at me before walking away.

"What the hell." Tera mumble.

"He's just a jealous prick," I said but I agreed. She isn't available. Why? It's complicated. I know Ghost and I had our fun with her together but it's not my intention to share her. That was a one-time thing only. It is not even my intention to court her I'm just attractive to her. The concept itself was odd. It was clear she was attractive to all of us but to be with a woman like Verena. . . I don't think she is serious about anyone especially after Mateo died. I had to be realistic no matter how much I wanted her I can't be with her and she can't be with me. If I was fire she only fueled it. Verena wasn't the type to put it out she loves chaos.

Tera and her girlfriend Elizabeth have been together since they were teens. I don't know for sure if this was true and frankly, I don't give a fuck; they like to swing or have threesomes with other females. They were not going to touch Verena and I wouldn't have to do a thing Ghost is a force of his own. I'm already competing with him and Keegan I'm not going to compete with my sister. That's just weird.

"Oh my god, it's you." Verena softly smiled at Elizabeth. It was a fake smile but Elizabeth didn't seem to notice.

"I was really sad when I didn't get that text." Elizabeth playfully pouted.

"I was planning on it but then I got caught up which resulted in losing the piece of paper." They sat next to each other. I took the seat next to her while Keegan and Ghost sat next to me. We were having dinner our parents weren't joining us claiming to be too busy. Varies food was displayed all over the massive table.

I lean down to her ear. "Eat," I said lowly. She looked at me confused then back at Elizabeth. The maid came around pouring wine. I raised my hand to stop her from pouring anything in Verena's cup which granted a glare from her. "Eat," I repeated.

"I will." She whispered back. I placed my arm behind her seat. She grabbed small portions of pasta. Too small. I frowned but didn't bother saying anything right now but if she thinks I gonna let her drink she had another thing coming.

Verena and Elizabeth talked, and my brother and his wife came in not long after introducing themselves. Jaiden was almost as tall as me. We hugged before I introduced him to Keegan and Ghost who just nodded at him. Weirdos. They had no charisma or social skills.

I caught up with his wife, Nattie. She was planning on getting pregnant now that Jaiden would take some time off of 'work.' I was excited to hear about having a nephew/ niece especially since I was too old to have kids. My mom nagged about it and surprisingly at some point so has my dad.