🍋 Vegeta x Yamcha's Sister Reader 🌸 pt 4

A week had slipped by since the turbulent moment when you'd asked Vegeta to leave, the scene of him and Bulma entangled seared into your mind. The initial two days were a tempest of emotions, your rage uncontained as it wrecked two of the hanging punching bags in the backyard. But then, attempting to regain composure, you struggled to rein in the chaotic thoughts that kept projecting Bulma and Vegeta together, plunging you into a depressive spiral on the third day. Junk food consumption soared while movies played, but your commentary was filled with bitter jeers.

Unexpectedly, on the fourth day, Goku materialized with ChiChi by his side. ChiChi, exuding maternal care, showered you with attention, simultaneously inducing a pang of guilt within as she tidied up and prepared a nourishing meal. Meanwhile, Goku proposed sparring as a means to release pent-up frustration, claiming to be a more suitable opponent than the weighty sandbags. You threw yourself into the bout, pouring all your angst into attacking Goku. However, the skirmish between a regular human and the mighty Saiyan warrior was akin to a hare attempting to take on its caretaker.

Just a fun little visual)

After an extended bout with Goku, which inevitably resulted in your defeat, both you and the towering Saiyan settled on the ground for a heartfelt conversation. Now, understand that Goku wasn't one to dive deep into such emotional turmoil, yet he allowed you to vent when the need arose. That's precisely what you were doing. Unbeknownst to you, Goku subtly shifted, surreptitiously recording your raw outpouring on his cellphone. How else would he persuade Vegeta to listen and return?

"I'm not furious with Vegeta anymore, not really. My anger is directed more towards Bulma for orchestrating that stunt, but mostly, I'm furious with myself. I should have been more level-headed, you know? Instead, I let anger dictate my actions and ejected the one person I knew wouldn't betray my trust from our new home. I should've composed myself first and heard him out... Ugh, I'm more foolish than Yamcha," you confessed, hiding your face in your hands. "Now I've lost the one person who... I'm just... Why couldn't I have just listened? Vegeta's too prideful to return after my outburst, and I'm too obstinate and upset to even attempt finding him myself right now. He probably wouldn't want to see me anyway... He has plenty of other options."

Goku observed you, his hands resting on his knees as he sat cross-legged. "I think you're overthinking it, Y/N. Sure, Geets is incredibly stubborn, but he truly cares about you," Goku innocently chimed in, drawing your attention as he spoke. "Vegeta's been notably less stressed since meeting you and being with you. He doesn't shout as much, and that fierce scowl isn't a permanent fixture anymore. I've even caught him smiling a few times when he looks at you." His casual revelation about Vegeta only intensified your feelings of guilt.

You groaned sorrowfully, burying your face deeper into your hands. "I really am an idiot...!" Tears threatened to accompany your words. Goku offered a few gentle pats on your back, deftly securing his phone under the blue sash of his gi as discreetly as possible. "I'll go see if I can find him. It's clear you care about him a whole lot too." With a grin, Goku swiftly employed instant transmission, vanishing from sight in search of Vegeta.

You heaved a loud sigh into your hands before slowly rising, trudging back into the house where ChiChi awaited. She instructed you to freshen up and change clothes, and you complied without protest, finding solace in a shower where tears flowed freely, realizing the depth of your feelings for Vegeta.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Vegeta, immersed in intense training within the blistering heat of the desert, was interrupted when Goku appeared. "What do you want, you imbecile?" A scowl harsher than usual etched his face. Goku wiped sweat from his brow under the relentless sun before grinning. "Don't be like that, pal! And hey, I've got something for you!" Goku brandished his phone, a mysterious revelation in store.