Bittersweet 🍪 Zamasu x Gowasu's Daughter Reader🍪

As you made your way with a delicately laden cart of tea and cookies, the melody of a soft hum danced in the air around you. As the cherished daughter of the Supreme Kai—albeit through adoption—you upheld the customary duties, although not to the extent of a Kai in training.

Pushing open the grand door leading to the outer grounds, the faint symphony of martial arts caught your attention. Your father, Gowasu, stood composed, hands tucked behind his back, attentively coaching his apprentice engaged in an immersive training routine.

The apprentice, Zamasu, was wholly immersed in his regimen, executing each movement with precision and grace, a controlled yet potent display. "You're progressing splendidly, Zamasu. Soon, my observations may no longer be necessary," Gowasu praised warmly, glancing your way upon noticing your presence. "Ah, hello, Y/N," he greeted, prompting a smile from you as you parked the cart and embraced him affectionately. "Hi, Papa—Master Gowasu, I mean," you chuckled, feeling a slight blush tinting your cheeks. Returning the embrace, Gowasu chuckled in kind, diverting his attention momentarily to Zamasu, still deeply engrossed in his solitary sparring.

"Zamasu, the tea is prepared. You may take a break," Gowasu announced, but Zamasu's unwavering focus persisted. "I shall take a break once I've completed my exercises, Master Gowasu," he replied, resuming his intense training.

Settling beside Gowasu at the table, the tranquility enveloped you both as you indulged in conversation over tea, admiring the celestial bodies of your universe. "I wonder if Goku will be visiting soon," you mused cheerfully, drawing a smile from Gowasu. Yet, Zamasu's movements halted upon overhearing your words.

Your initial encounter with Goku had been a seismic surprise, an event that transpired when he traversed from Universe 7, accompanying Lord Beerus into Universe 10. A mortal forging a friendship with a God of Destruction seemed unfathomable. Despite Zamasu declining Goku's challenge, you stepped in, engaging Goku in a spirited bout that only concluded with his Super Saiyan 2 transformation. That encounter sparked an improbable yet profound friendship. However, the vast distance between your universes made subsequent meetings sporadic.

Zamasu harbored a deep resentment towards Goku, though he concealed it with a veil of silence. His countenance, however, betrayed the animosity he held every time the subject was broached.

As the conversation between you and Gowasu flowed, Zamasu completed his exercises, drawing your attention as he approached. A fleeting exchange of gazes between your eyes and his silver orbs occurred before he proceeded indoors to freshen up. It was a routine he followed diligently, opting not to rejoin you and his master in a state drenched in perspiration and odor. Yet, to you, his exertion emitted a unique scent—like a blend of warm, minty evergreen—strangely alluring, though an admission you'd never dare confess to him.

A gentle sigh escaped your lips as Zamasu vanished into the building, leaving you and Gowasu amidst the tranquil atmosphere. Gowasu, savoring the last sips of his tea with closed eyes, couldn't resist a sly comment. "You seem rather fond of him, Y/N." Startled, you glanced up hastily. "W-What? No, that's ridiculous," you quickly retorted, attempting to downplay any insinuation. "Oh? Then why the addition of rose essence to the tea? And these cookies, a touch sweeter than usual?" Gowasu teased, prompting your gaping reaction before you averted your gaze, nervously fidgeting under the table. "I-I'm not fond of him, Papa. He's your student; it'd be odd," you rushed to explain. Gowasu chuckled knowingly, acknowledging your attempt at deception, offering only a knowing smile as Zamasu returned, having tidied up, and joined the two of you.

The remainder of the time was spent intently focusing on the thriving celestial bodies. Your efforts were dedicated to the planets, none of which had birthed sentient species yet, a conscious endeavor to divert attention from Zamasu, who had taken a seat conspicuously close to you.