🫛Side By Side Goku x Reader 🫛 pt 6

In the wake of three fleeting years, time had sculpted you and Goku into almost twenty-year-old individuals, Goku merely a few months ahead in age. The bond between you had deepened considerably, the shared training sessions at Kami's lookout nurturing not just the ambition for strength but also an intimacy growing between you both.

Technically straddling the border of your teenage years, the 23rd Martial Arts Tournament marked a significant point. Having navigated the elimination round in unison, the upcoming matches now held a different weight. Fate, in its curious twist, led you to face none other than ChiChi after a mandatory intermission. Engaged in stretches while Goku fetched water, the entrance of the raven-haired young woman interrupted your routine. "Hmph, it's only fitting that we should be going against each other," ChiChi proclaimed, her voice laced with haughtiness. As you blinked and met her gaze with a raised brow, beneath her facade, ChiChi struggled to conceal her envy of your blossomed beauty. "I guess? I'm just here to fight," you replied, standing tall with a disarming smile.

ChiChi's disposition almost transformed to a growl, yet swiftly shifted gears as Goku rejoined your side, radiating happiness as he handed you a water bottle. "Hi, Goku," ChiChi attempted a flirtatious greeting. However, the moment Goku recognized her, his usual cheer faded, positioning himself a touch more protectively in front of you. "Oh, it's you again. The spoiled brat bully."

ChiChi faltered, her response caught between a gasp and a stammer. Sensing Goku's discomfort, you placed a reassuring hand on his arm, your concern evident. A soft smile passed between you and Goku before you both gracefully departed, leaving behind a disconcerted ChiChi, seething in solitude.

ChiChi, her once pale cheeks now flushed with anger, wasted no time before storming toward your turned back, the intensity of her emotions evident in each furious step. "You're nothing special, you know! Just a backwards, backwoods, stupid girl who manages to look pretty!" Her voice cut through the air, an onslaught of insults directed your way. As you glanced over your shoulder, a veil of bored confusion draped over your features, meeting ChiChi's escalating tirade.

Her words grew louder with proximity, drawing the attention of other fighters and tournament staff. They watched in a mixture of shock and confusion, assuming ChiChi to be either a former flame or a past acquaintance of Goku's, judging by her vehement actions.

But as ChiChi closed in, her momentum abruptly halted by Goku's protective intervention. He positioned himself firmly between her and you, his demeanor shifting into a shield of defense. "What's wrong with you?" Goku's voice, tinged with disappointment, cut through the tense air. ChiChi attempted to stammer out a response, but before she could gather her words, Goku interjected with a stern warning. "G-Goku," she stuttered, but he didn't allow her the chance to explain further. "The only reason I'm not doing anything now is because we're all here to fight in the tournament. But if you come near Y/N again once this is over, we're going to have a big problem."

His warning hung heavy in the air, a testament to Goku's unwavering protective stance.

The commencement of the matches orchestrated a defining moment as you stepped into one side of the ring, ChiChi advancing from the opposing end. Your countenance remained stoically uninterested, a stark contrast to ChiChi's malevolent scowl, as the announcer introduced both of you amid the crowd's thunderous cheers, charged with palpable excitement.

As the match ignited, you and ChiChi engaged each other with your respective skills. Your precision aligned flawlessly with every opening ChiChi offered, her focus seemingly more fixated on hurling continuous insults rather than concentrating on her strikes. Her resilience, however, became undeniable; when her strikes did land, they packed a significant punch, more than a mere sting.