❤️I See You Goku x Reader❤️ pt 1

(trigger ⚠️ warning ⚠️ it might cause distress to readers.)

Once again, Bulma took the reins in hosting yet another extravagant gathering filled with an abundance of drinks and delectable treats. It seemed that flaunting her wealth, beauty, and intelligence had become an addiction for the bluenette woman. Undeniably, she was one of the most self-assured and determined women you had ever encountered.

However, these lively parties were not your cup of tea. You found solace in serene environments rather than amidst boisterous crowds. Nevertheless, your bond with Bulma was akin to that of siblings, and despite your introverted nature, you always accepted her invitations. Besides, it was the only occasion where you could reunite with your other friends, even though you considered yourself a minor character compared to their heroic personas. They were the true warriors, the guardians of Earth! And who were you?

Simply put, you were Bulma's trusted secretary and occasional babysitter. Occasionally, you even assumed the role of the designated driver during Girl's Night, as you never indulged in alcoholic beverages.

Bulma's voice filled the room with frustration as she scrutinized your outfit from head to toe. Both of you were in Bulma's bedroom, where she tried on a series of dresses that accentuated her flawless figure, while you remained content in a black sleeveless turtleneck and dark blue jeans. "I'm comfortable like this, Bulma," you replied, averting your gaze slightly as she discarded yet another dress and slipped into one that revealed a tasteful amount of cleavage.

"Boring, boring, boring!" Bulma whined, causing you to wince and nervously toy with a loose string on your sweater. "I'm sorry, but I just... I don't want to attract attention. Besides, the party has already started, and it would take too long to find something else to wear, haha..." Your chuckle carried a hint of dejection. However, before the conversation could continue, ChiChi burst into the room, visibly distraught. "I can't take it anymore! That jerk! He's just... Ugh!"

Bulma immediately turned her attention to consoling ChiChi, who seemed more frustrated than genuinely upset. She gave you a knowing look, silently conveying that this was a private moment where your presence wasn't necessary. Understanding the unspoken message, you quietly slipped out of the bedroom, letting out a sigh of resignation. It was a familiar feeling of being the third wheel, even though you joined in on girl's nights and other activities. Despite that, Bulma insisted that you were friends.

Shaking your head, you carefully maneuvered through the crowd, making sure to avoid any accidental collisions, even though they weren't particularly close to you. Eventually, you managed to navigate your way away from the bustling party area, finding solace in a secluded corner of Bulma's expansive house. With a small plate of food in hand, you created your own little sanctuary.

While the majority of the guests reveled in the well-lit party atmosphere, having a great time and enjoying themselves, you found solace in your own quiet space. Nestled away, you indulged in reading fanfictions about your favorite characters, nibbling on some food as you escaped into the world of imagination.

Amidst the festivities, a certain spiky-haired Saiyan struggled to maintain his usual facade of carefree positivity. Goku's friends were convinced by his act, believing that everything was fine. However, deep down, Goku was far from okay. He managed to slip away from the group, using the excuse of needing to use the bathroom. Once alone, he let out a shaky breath and tightly gripped the edge of the bathroom counter, careful not to damage the expensive granite as he let the faucet run at full blast. He had reached his limit, but he couldn't quite pinpoint what exactly had pushed him to this breaking point.

Was it ChiChi's constant berating, criticizing him for the smallest things? Or was it his human friends constantly pressuring him to let loose and indulge in earthly pleasures? Goku couldn't say for sure. It just felt like an overwhelming weight on his shoulders, too much to bear once again. He had to keep up the facade, keep smiling, keep fighting, and keep being the beacon of hope. But deep down, he was exhausted.