Chapter 73: We Need To Talk

🎶 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas — Andrew Belle 🎶

Christmas with my family was great. I was so happy to be reunited with some of my girl cousins again, Paola and Sofia were one year older and younger than me respectively and we had always been close, but with me living in Barcelona and them in Seville, we hadn't seen a lot of each other the past years.

On Christmas Eve we had an eight-course dinner that was washed down with a lot of cocktails and we arrived at church at midnight all a bit tipsy. Upon our return, we fell into our beds and woke up on Christmas Day way too early as we had to be at mass again - that was extremely important to my Grandma and we all wanted to make her happy so we were seated all cleaned up and fresh in our most festive outfits in the third and fourth row of Seville's Cathedral, next to the other aristocrats that lived in the city.

After talking to all of our friends and acquaintances for over an hour after mass, we finally arrived home to have a late brunch and exchange gifts. My little nephews were over the moon with their Bellingham jerseys and ran around the house doing his celebration all day, which caused me quite a headache. They thought they were doing me a favour since they were hating Gavi more than just the usual die-hard Madridistas they usually were, but they did quite the opposite.

 They thought they were doing me a favour since they were hating Gavi more than just the usual die-hard Madridistas they usually were, but they did quite the opposite

📍 Seville Cathedral
vicky.hernandez Navidad en rojo ❤️

chiara2203 She's backkkk 😍
martinavsqz Merry Christmas Vicky!
jkeey4 you'll always be my style queen slay
Replying to jkeey4:
vicky.hernandez Hahaha, merry Christmas Jules! 😊
ireneee.grc ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Pablo was on my mind a lot these days, and I knew that Dr Reyes was right, I had to talk to him before the interview would air. After spending the rest of the day outdoors with the family, I decided to drive to Los Palacios on Boxing Day. I texted Pedri to ask him for Pablo's address and when I got it, I borrowed my cousin Paola's Fiat 500 and drove the short distance south.

I rang the doorbell of the house and it was opened by Belen, wonderful.
"Hi. Is Pablo here?" I asked as calmly as possible.
She nodded and showed me inside. Before we reached the room where apparently everyone was assembled, she stopped me.
"I'm sorry for lashing out the last time, Vicky. My nerves were... blank" she said sincerely.
"Yeah... mine too. I'm not holding it against you, don't worry" I said and shot her a small smile.

We arrived in the living room and everyone's heads shot up to look at me with baffled faces. And there he was, my Pablo. He looked tired and worn out, but he was still the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on.
"Hi. Sorry for barging in, merry Christmas, by the way" I said and sent them a small wave with a nervous smile. "Pablo, do you think... we can talk?" I asked.
"Um... yeah, sure" he said and stood up. He was still a bit wobbly but walked over to me.
"I... can't really walk a lot, but my room is upstairs if that's fine?" he asked and gulped. I just nodded and he showed me the way.