Zucky come home

Knockout continues working on his research. He compiled all the observations he had made so far regarding his research on Zucky's bloodwork. Luckily while the dragon was unconscious, he was prudent enough to draw some of her blood.

All the while when he was preparing for her eventual capture, he had practiced his skills on the blood of other humans, often going out to collect samples from the 'doners' to sharpen his skills as much as possible. The doctor needed to be ready to do this, and he could not make any mistakes this time, given how much trouble they went through just trying to secure this forsaken creature.

The con medic stayed up for quite a while to make up for lost time. Every now and then he would look up from his work to give his strained optics a short rest.

Breakdown has long since left to take care of his own duties, leaving Knockout alone with Zucky. The red mech looks at the cage, noticing that she was passed out asleep. He envied her for this. He hasn't had a descent night's rest in who knows how long. 

Really running low on energy now, he decided to retire for the night. He rubbed his tired optics and as his intake automatically opens agape, an exhausted droning sound escapes. Knockout stands up from his seat and extends his arms and legs, adjusting his Hexa-lateral scapula while he was at it. The various clicking and clanking sounds produced are followed by a relieved vent from him. Making sure he saved the files, and one final paranoid look at the cage, to make sure the blue labrat was still there, Knockout turns to walk out of the lab, when he is startled by soundwave just standing right behind him and staring silently, waiting for the red bot to retire to his recharge chamber.

"GAH--!" The decepticon medic slaps his servos to his intake to silence himself, and peeks at the cage again, making sure he didn't wake the prisoner up. Then glaring with his fists clenched to his side he agressively snarls at Soundwave. {"Will you stop sneaking up on me?!"} He shoves Soundwave to the side and trudges out of the lab towards the recharge chambers, huffing under his vents. {"Freak..."}

Soundwave still silent and unmoving, waited for Knockout to leave, before walking to the console and booting up some of his own files he's been working on during the day. Hearing a scratching sound coming from the cage, Soundwave turned to look, tentacles at the ready to grab the prisoner, should she attempt an escape. Megatron wanted optics on Zucky at all times. Although her cage was specially fitted to keep her contained, he didn't trust to leave her alone. But all the communications officer saw was the dragon curling up on the bottom of the cage, trying to keep warm, and sleeping soundly. He took the liberty to open up a video feed from the security camera on the screen, so it would make it easier for him to multitask, and continued with his work.

Breakdown was making his final round for the day, checking if all security was engaged and the guards have been changed. When all was well in his optics, he retired himself to his chamber as well, but not before checking on Starscream in his cell. For a moment, he panicked a bit, cause he couldn't see where the seeker hid in the cell again. That is, until he looked up in the corner where apparently he was able to somehow hang upside down while resting. The blue bot was bewildered how this was even possible, but he just did a double take and decided not to question things further, at least for the sake of his own sanity, thinking; [I need a vacation...]

Zucky had a restless night, tossing and turning. She was dreaming of her life. She always has, but in times of strife, they would intensify and the torture would follow her even into her dreams.

She was born a normal, healthy human girl and grew up as such, until she hit puberty and began witnessing changes that none of her peers were undergoing, besides the normal growing pains associated with being a teenager.

The dragon remembers when she first started mutating, it started small. Things that she could easily explain away, or even physically hide from everyone around her. But the older she got, the more these 'incidents' started increasing, to the point where there was no logical explanation to any of it anymore.