The boy, the bee and the dragon

I told the duo I'd see them later and left the room, only to almost trip over a Remote control yellow racing car that zipped by between my feet.

"Whoops! That was close..." It was Raf's. "Sorry Zucky, I just finished repairing and customizing that car Bee accidentally broke." The boy explained as he picked up his new and improved toy car.

"It's okay, I'm fine." I waved it off and took the little car in hand. "Hey, it looks even better than before!"

"Thanks!" The boy answered as he started going over the changes he did on the toy. "Wanna try it out?"

"It's been a while, but I always loved these things as a small kid... I never got even one then, because 'girls don't play with cars'. I said that last part in air quotes.

The boy looked at me with a questioning gaze, which I understood.

"My folks don't admit it out loud, but they're pretty strict." I explained. "That's...part of the reason why I ran away. They'll never understand what I am; If they don't chase me out of the house with pitchforks and torches because I'm a 'demon', they'll probably try everything in their power to try and make me 'normal' again...but like Ratchet said: This is already so deeply ingrained into my system, that if anyone tried to remove it, the process will end up killing me."

I kept looking at the toy car, as if I was having the conversation with it, instead of the boy right next to me. The same boy stared at me, but I didn't mind...at least it was not out of fear or disgust, like it usually is with humans. This is probably so, because these kids have already seen their fair share of weirdness around these aliens already.

"And I thought my mamá was strict." Raf finally said. "I'm lucky Nurse Darby was able to save me from being grounded for life."

"Well... June's a mom herself, they speak the same language, you know?" I shrugged.

"I guess so..." The boy answered.

"And sure, I would like to take this for a spin, but as long as we get somewhere more open, here in the hallway it runs the risk of getting totalled all over again." I chuckled.

"Good idea. I know of a place!" Raf ran ahead a bit. "Follow me!"

When they've reached a quiet enough area of the base, Raf knocked on what I assumed was a door and I heard a familiar thumping coming from behind it, and it opened.

"Hey Bee, I fixed it! Wanna help us test it out?" Raf spoke to the giant yellow bot who long since crouched down closer to us.

.:"Wow, that's great Raf!":. He warbled as he looked at the car in my hands, and then he noticed my shoulder: .:"Hey, Zucky's bandages are off!":. He beeped in surprise.

"Yeah, Ratch took em off, but I'm still not allowed to do crazy things with it yet, and I can't go outside either for now, according to Prime." I explained.

.:"Awwww...we could have gone cruising...":. Bumblebee whined.

"Maybe next time?" I asked.

.:"Count on it!":. He warbled.

He reaches down and cups both servos for the human and the dragon to climb on, and takes them to a strange area of the base that Zucky's never been to.

On the way, Zucky looked around whilst taking mental notes of where they passed by, while the boy chats away with his guardian. Obviously she's never been at this part of the base, in fact; she's never been on a guided tour of the place! She never went exploring herself, she's probably got lost somewhere and gets everyone worried otherwise. Also, she wasn't too sure if there were rooms that were off limits either.