A New Dawn for Zucky

Inside the room, Jack, Miko, and Raph were seated on hospital beds, their faces etched with a mixture of exhaustion and anxiety. The sterile environment of the hospital, with its beeping machines and antiseptic smell, did little to ease their nerves. When the door opened and Nurse Darby and Agent Fowler entered, the children looked up, their expressions shifting from apprehension to relief.

"How are you all feeling?" Nurse Darby asked, her tone gentle as she approached Jack's bed.

Jack managed a weak smile. "I've been better, but I'm okay."

Miko nodded in agreement, though her usual exuberance was noticeably subdued. "It's just... a lot to process, you know?"

Raph, who had been quietly staring at his hands, finally looked up. "I keep thinking about how close we were to... to not making it," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.

Fowler stepped forward, his presence a reassuring anchor in the midst of their turmoil. "You kids are some of the bravest people I know," he said, his voice firm but kind. "What you went through would have been tough for anyone, but you handled it with courage. We're going to make sure you're safe from now on."

Nurse Darby pulled up a chair and sat beside Jack, her expression softening as she reached out to take his hand. "You all did incredibly well, and I'm so proud of you. But it's also okay to feel scared and uncertain. What you experienced was traumatic, and it's important to talk about it."

Miko glanced at her friends before speaking up. "I just... I can't stop thinking about what could have happened. If it weren't for the Autobots, we wouldn't be here."

"And Zucky," Raph added, his eyes reflecting a deep sense of gratitude. "She fought so hard to protect us."

Fowler nodded, his thoughts momentarily drifting to the brave dragon who had risked so much for the children. "She's a remarkable ally," he agreed. "And she's also facing her own challenges right now."

Jack frowned, worry etched into his features. "What do you mean?"

Darby exchanged a glance with Fowler before answering. "Ratchet came back through the groundbridge alone, carrying you. There was no sign of the others, or Zucky. Ratchet was going to let us know if the others came through alright, but we haven't heard from them yet.

The room fell silent as the children absorbed this information. Miko's eyes widened with concern. "Is she going to be okay?" Clearly still concerned for Zucky. 

"The Autobots are doing everything they can to help her," Fowler assured them. "She's strong, and she's got the Autobots looking out for her. Just like they're looking out for all of you."

Jack squeezed his mother's hand, drawing strength from her calm presence. "We'll get through this together, right?"

"Absolutely," Darby replied, her voice filled with unwavering conviction. "We're all in this together. And we'll come out stronger on the other side."

As the evening wore on, the children began to relax, comforted by the presence of their guardians and the knowledge that they were not alone in their struggles. Nurse Darby and Agent Fowler stayed by their side, offering words of reassurance and listening to their fears, ensuring that they felt safe and supported.

Agent Fowler has since spoken to Ratchet, and brought the good news to the kids, easing their worries more. He also made sure to contact the host parents of Miko and the parents of Raph. Having to jump through all sorts of hoops to safe both his, Nurse Darby's and the kid's skins from the wrath of the upset moms and dads.

Agent Fowler, feeling the weight of his responsibilities lift slightly, approached the children with a newfound sense of optimism. He had just finished speaking with Ratchet, who had assured him that Zucky's condition was stable for the time being. Fowler knew this news would help ease the children's anxieties.