99. The Promise

Long one so enjoy 😌.

The best thing in my life is not you.It's us.
And I will do whatever it takes to keep us together.

~

Preeta looked at him gulping her saliva and placed her palms over his chest when a bouquet fell from her hands.His nose flared in anger and she thinned her brows before meekly placing her head on his chest with moist eyes.

And that is when his anger curtailed with her soft touch.But again he remembered her words and made her face him giving her a firm look.

"What was he doing there? And what the hell you were talking to him that too hugging him"He hissed gritting his teeth and glared at her.

"Will you calm down first?"She managed to ask in her low voice.

"I won't, answer me!"He inquired, gripping her arm and Preeta winced twitching her lips.

"Ah..leave my hand.I was sad and he was in my cabin for work.Mujhe sad dekha toh usne pucha ki kya hua hai and I couldn't control it.Meine keh diya ki tumne kya kiya hai and bolte wakht mujhe rona aa gaya toh he just hugged me in a friendly manner to console and I just blurted in a flow that 'I hate you'"She completed with a frown and glared at him cutely.

"Tumne sab usse kyu bataya? I don't want you to share our talks to any third person.And don't let him hug you again, just a loose hug is enough because you are only allowed to hug me that close"He said, possessively and Preeta narrowed her eyes at his words.

"For your kind information, I didn't hug him that close.Aur tum hote kon ho ye bolne wale ki mein apne feelings friends ke saath share karne se mana karne wale? Tum bhi toh Abhi se sab share karte honge"Preeta scoffed pushing him slightly away.

"But woh ladka hai.Tum apni female friends ke saath Jo bhi share Karo.I don't care.but not him"He said and Preeta closed her eyes at his so called possesiveness.

"Oh Mr, Friend male ho ya female same hi hota hai and I just felt like sharing toh keh diya.Waise bhi it was for good"She pressed her lips and looked at him.

"Whatever, Do not hug him and I don't like it if you cry in front of others"He frowned at her and Preeta shook her head in dismay.He knew they were close friends but just the thought of her crying while sharing her problem that too hugging didn't seem well with him making him angry at her.

"I wasn't crying actually..it's just emotional ho gayi thi toh.."She stopped seeing his glare and said not wanting to extend their other argument.

"Okay fine.Abb ye batao ki yaha kyu aaye ho?"She asked raising her brows and he pouted with a glare.

"Car mein baitho"He said and moved back to open the door for her.

Preeta picked the bouquet but he stopped her.

"Leave it"He said but she took it.

"We will take another, leave it"He said but she shook her head and sat inside the car.

"Mujhe yahi chahiye, I can't believe tum gussa hoke isse wahi gira kar gaye"Preeta said placing the bouquet on her lap.

He shrugged his shoulder listening to her and came to the other side.Sitting in the driving seat he started the engine and kicked off.

Preeta looked at him and pouted seeing him silent all the way.She didn't know how to start a conversation so just sat gazing outside the window.

"I am sorry"She muttered when he stopped the car in the parking lot of the home and his head snapped to look at her instantly.