Chapter 9 - new home

Third person POV

Once on their way to Alpha Jaxon's pack Esme Is let sitting tightly in a ball with her brother trying to comfort her and talk to her. She's too anxious to say anything else but she looks his way.

She has been badly beaten to the point where even Finley can't stand to look at her injuries as it makes him angry. His sister is usually upbeat and has the energy for the both of them.

"It's going to be okay. I trust him you can trust him too" Finley tells her.

"He's my mate. He's going to reject me and beat me just like Dylan did" She says while turning back to the window. She finds comfort in the outside world that's now passing by in a blur. They've been on the road for 3 and a half hours now and she's no closer to feeling safer than the last time Finn told her he's a good person.

"What do you mean Es" Fin says to her holding her hand.

"Yesterday. I found out that Dylan was my mate but just before he rejected me and just before you came home he beat me. He spat at me, he choked me and kicked me and told me I wasn't worth the time of day for any one in his kind of power. Now I get mated to another Alpha. I'm not strong enough to hear another Rejection. I can't go through it again Finn" her voice is breaking at this point. She doesn't know who to trust apart from her brother. He's her best friend and they have each other's backs no matter what.

In the other car Aloha Jaxon is on the phone to his mom explaining everything that happened. Usually when he returns home the whole pack is outside and is welcoming but today Jaxon has requested that everyone stays in their quarters or homes. Just until he's managed to get both Finley and Esme inside.

"Sweetheart what happened" his mom asks in her sweet motherly tone. Everyone adores his mother.

"Mom. It was bad. I'll explain everyone once I'm back at the pack. Just please mind-link all the pack and inform them I'm an hour away and I need 2 rooms to be cleaned and sorted for both Finley and Esme please"

"Okay sweetheart no worries"

He's not even off the phone for 5 minutes before he gets a mink link himself from his Gamma.
"We have a problem Alpha"hunters voice echos through Jaxon's mind.

"what's wrong? Has something happened" I asked concerned.

"She thinks you're going to reject her. She won't speak to me but she's been talking to her brother and she's a state. It turns out that it was her birthday yesterday..."

"Fuck. I thought she turned 18 a while ago? That's what Dylan told us yesterday"

"That's not all alpha. Alpha Langley was her mate. Before he rejected her for been weak and worthless and a no body he beat the shit out of her first"

Jaxon's anger spikes to the max. How could somebody hurt her? He hasn't been able to speak to her much but how could he hurt her? Part of him is glad that Dylan had rejected her, not for the pain it's caused her but because he has now  got her in his life. Even if it takes time he will manage to win her over and be comfortable with him.

Alpha Jaxon's POV:

We're about 15 minutes away from home and I mink link Hunter to inform both Esme and Finley that we will be here soon.

"Alright alpha no worries" he links back.

"You know you can cut the shit with Aloha right?" I say laughing at him through our link. It's a good thing we have this. No one else can hear our conversations but they are aware we are talking because sometimes at the oddest of moments we burst into laughter.

We're serious when needed and usually I can maintain my laughter even when inside my mind I'm dying from laughing. Something that Esme has not had. She's not experienced love from anyone other than her brother.

We arrive back at the house and I instantly see my  mom who is waiting outside. We pull up a little further from the doors and I can tell she's curious.

Both me and Charlie step out and she approaches us with hugs and kisses and it instantly makes me feel at home again.

"Where is she ? And why wasn't she traveling with you" my mom asks. Before I can get a word out Hunter emerges from the car with Finley stepping out at the same time. His mouth is agape and I think it's because of the pack house and the lands surrounding us.

"Is she okay?" I ask Finley. He informs me that she's asleep and that he just needs to stretch before he takes her inside. I introduce him to my mom as well.

"Mom this is Finley. He is Esme's Twin brother and they have both been living on there own together so I thought it be best to not have the separated"

"Oh honey look at you." My mom's on mother mode and is pulling him into a hug straight away and telling him she will make him some food as soon as possible.

"Thank you very much Ma'am. But You don't need to do that"

"Nonsense. Please call me Amanda"

"Thank you Amanda. I should get Esme out of the car now" he says. My mom doesn't know anything yet so she is instantly talking again.

"Why don't you get her out. The poor lad looks exhausted." She says. Both me and Finley look at her before Finley kindly tells her that it isn't a good idea to allow anyone to touch her.

My mom's curious. She moves along side finely and she bursts into tears the moment he opens to door to reveal a very beaten and scared Esme.

"Oh my gosh. Get her inside we will send someone to bring her clothes and you as well. And food too" she says while walking away.

"Mom I will talk to you about it later okay. I just want to get them up stairs and to their rooms for now so she can settle in as well"

She kisses my cheek my still holding a hand over her chest and she's walking inside.

After a few hours I'm walking upstairs when I hear shouting and screaming and I instantly know it's Esme. I get closer to her room and she's having a panic attack. She's not able to breathe properly and Finely is trying to call her down.

"Esme please stop okay. Breathe with me breathe along with me we can do it" he says so gently to her.

"Fin I already apologised to her. She's going to hurt me. Get her out."

She starts screaming for Natalie to get and my heart is actually hurting. Is she this scared of people that only her brother can sooth her? "Get out. No maid no beating. Get out." she's shouting quite a lot and I'm afraid that it will cause her to be completely exhausted and sick. and I'm instantly mind linking Natalie to tell her that everything's okay and to leave the clothes with me and I'll hand them over to her and Finley and that it isn't her. She's just had a tough time"

She doesn't say a word but instead she leaves.