01 • greene farm

THE WALKING DEAD
- a rick grimes fanfic story -

EDITED: 4/6/24

short chapter

SENOIA, GEORGIA 📍

SENOIA, GEORGIA 📍

  It had been hours, possibly days, since the outbreak had begun. Hell. I wasn't so sure anymore.

I had no food or water, I'd been hiding out in my car unable to move from the back seat. My mind was so quiet yet so loud, the things I'd seen or witnessed were the only things that clouded my mind.

I did make it to Atlanta like I had planned to, the traffic was overwhelming, cars kept crashing into one another, people screaming at each other, and it was all a big mess.

 I had witnessed so many mothers holding their children tightly as the child cried in fear, fathers fighting and screaming. I watched it all.

And I watched as Atlanta fell apart.

Bombs and gunshots filled the whole city, with buildings on fire, people screaming and crying, and many people running. 

I watched as creatures-- not humans-- creatures,  tore into people's flesh, blood was everywhere. I remember watching more creatures appear, banging windows so hard they shattered, grabbing the person behind the wheel, and eating them alive. 

That's when I locked my doors, and slowly crawled into the back seat, laying down and crying myself to sleep.

I had another dream, the same dream I had on my birthday. When I'm running through the woods, getting chased by the dead creature, I fall, my ankle breaks, I try to fight the creature, a gunshot rings in my ears, I look up and the sheriff reveals himself. 

But in this dream, I see him. I see his face, I see his blue eyes, his soft smile, I see his lips moving but I can't hear his voice. And as soon as I gripped his hand, the sweet dream ended. I woke, desperate to go back into the dream. 

I wanted to know him, I wanted to know who he was and why he was in my dream. I wanted to go back to sleep so I could see him, so I didn't have to face the reality of what was happening in the world.

My mind couldn't erase anything I had seen. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see the faces of the monsters. I could hear the children screaming, the explosions, and the gunshots.