47 • down bad

(music adds the emotion to the story in my opinion...)

THE WALKING DEAD

tw: descriptions of vomiting & mentions of abortion

season 4, episode 5

The next day I wasn't sure if everyone had gotten worse or better, they seemed to be the same. But it didn't change the fact that they were suffering without medicine, and we needed it now.

Hershel and I both stayed up checking on everybody and making sure they wouldn't die by drowning in their blood. I had been keeping a closer eye on Lizzie, knowing she could be at bigger risk.

I had sat with Glenn for a while, keeping an eye on him as well to give Maggie peace of mind. I knew it was terrifying for her to see Glenn sick with a deadly illness, and although I couldn't understand it– I wanted to try.

Dr. S had gotten into worse shape as well, he had recently started to cough blood– spitting it all over Hershel's face in the process. I remember the immediate fear that coursed through me, knowing that if Hershel wasn't infected before, he was now.

This morning Carol had informed me that she and Rick were going on a run together, as well as asking if I was alright. Of course, I replied with the usual 'I'm fine' but am I? No.

I wasn't even sure if Rick was aware I was in A-Block with everyone who was sick, and I wasn't even sure if he cared. Was this the end of us? We were done so quickly that it almost felt like a fever dream. Did he leave me all alone? All of us alone?

Fuck, if I can't have him I might as well just die in here.

Was I allowed to be angry? To be sad? Was I just overthinking it? Maybe the pregnancy hormones were controlling my emotions.

Although it was the next day and nothing had changed, something felt... different. I felt different. I didn't feel like myself, it was as if something had shifted.

My back leaned against the cold concrete, my tired blue eyes tightly closed. Heavy breaths passed my pale lips, my mask now resting around my neck. I ran my trembling hand over my sweating face, groaning at the heat my body radiated.

"Nola, we need help in here!" Sasha yelled from afar, her voice raspy. I stood up from my lean position, moaning at the dizziness that suddenly overcame me.

My feet were quick as I ran into the cell from across me, my hand swiftly pulling the mask right back over my face. Once I walked in I witnessed Henry on the ground, gurgling on his own blood.

Sasha, Glenn, and Hershel surrounded the man, trying their best to intubate him, an airbag in his other hand. I practically threw myself on my knees, my hands grabbing ahold of Henry's head to hold him still, his erratic movements coming to a halt.