41 • falling in love

THE WALKING DEAD

CW: kinda spicy

2 months later...

     The room was bathed in an eerie darkness, only a small dim light hung above me, casting my slumped silhouette on the concrete floor. A soft yet heavy thud of boots echoed against the metal sheeted walls, my body nearly vibrating at the steady footsteps.

Deep, wheezy breaths escaped my lips, the sound harsh and uneven in the oppressive silence of the room. I blinked rapidly, my fuzzy vision gradually growing clearer with each flutter of my eyelids, revealing the room in sharper form.

On reflex, my hands moved to rub my droopy eyes, wanting to remove the tiredness I had felt. But as my fingers moved to brush my face, I realized my hands were restricted behind my back.

I took a sharp intake of breath at the realization. At first, I wanted to believe that my mind was playing games with me, but as I tried to wiggle my hands, I knew it was pointless.

Panic surged within me, my deep breaths then replaced with quick, heavy ones. I dropped my head toward the ground, my eyes frantically searching through the flickering light to observe my strange surroundings.

I was sitting in a wooden chair, its rough surface digging into my skin with each wiggle I made. It was at that moment I became aware of the fact my legs were not compacted together like the fate my wrists had, they were free, but they felt too weak to move.

At the same time, I wiggled my wrists another time, and the familiar footsteps resumed their steady rhythm. My head snapped toward the thuds to see, a tall, silhouette slowly approaching me.

My tightly taped wrists squealed in pain as I wiggled them again, my feet stomping against the floor as I tried my best to escape. I let out quick panicked breaths, my lips quivering in fear.

Who was the strange person? Did they tie me up? Were they here to save me? Help me?

I had no real idea how I got in this position, but all I knew, was that I should be scared.

"Who are you?" I whimpered, my voice barely above a whisper.

My sweat-coated face trembled with fear, mingling with tears that threatened to escape my eyes. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, my blue eyes squinting through the light that shone right in my vision, the glowing light only growing brighter.

The black silhouette laughed, "I should be asking you that," a deep voice replied in a dark Southern accent. My heart froze at the familiar voice, the familiar words, and my face dropped into a look of absolute terror.