57 • keeping promises

THE WALKING DEAD

tw: death & killing

tw: death & killing.

season 5, episode 3
(part 2)

My back was pressed against the hardwood as I sat in the pew, my glassy eyes trained on the large cross in front of my face. Everybody sat or stood around, silently watching the door Bob and Sasha walked through almost an hour ago.

Maggie sat a few feet from me, her eyes trained on me though I tried not to pay much attention to it. Rick noticed not to bother me, knowing I was going through something and needed my time.

I was still struggling with the loss of the prison and Hershel, I missed him every second of every day but I missed him even more now that I was inside a church, reminded of him every waking moment.

Multiple people apart of our group were still missing, and we had no idea where they were. Adding to the large amount of stress on me.

For the past few minutes, all of us had been planning on how to handle Gareth and Terminus, and though I hadn't been paying attention much to the plan I knew there wasn't much I could do.

I just wanted these people dead. That's all I wanted.

"They think they're in control," Rick rasped from afar, reminiscing on Gareth and his people. "We're in here and they could be anywhere. But we know exactly where they are,"

"Plan's got stones, I'll give you that," Abraham hummed.

"Make our move before they do," Glenn noted, causing Rick to nod in agreement.

"That's right. They're not counting on us thinkin' straight," Rick added.

"Are we?" Rosita asked suddenly. "I'm just making sure. It's a big play,"

Rick's body slowly moved in the direction of Rosita, his body breezing past mine. "Remember what these people are capable of," he warned before turning his head, his eyes on Tyreese.

"Tyreese," he called out, catching the attention of the male, his eyes not bothering to turn as he said a simple, "Yeah?" of acknowledgment.

"You up for this?" Rick questioned carefully.

Sudden footsteps echoed causing all of our heads to turn, seeing no one but Sasha strides out of the room. "I'm going with you," she said, her eyes instantly focusing on her brothers.

"You should stay with Bob," Tyreese mumbled to his sister.

"No. I wanna be out there. I want to be a part of this," she argued before spinning on her heel and walking right back into the room she walked out of.

I sighed tiredly, my eyes begging to be put to rest as I stared at the ground, my expression blank. "Lia," Rick whispered, his footsteps approaching me cautiously.