69 • scared

THE WALKING DEAD

tw: violence & death

TWO WEEKS LATER
(19 weeks pregnant — 5 months)

season 6, episode 2

       It had been two weeks since Pete killed Reg. Since Rick killed Pete. Since Morgan showed up out of nowhere. Since Tara woke up from her deep sleep. Since Glenn and Nicholas showed up beaten and bleeding.

It had been two very long weeks.

And in those two weeks, there had been nothing but planning– moving ahead.

No one was surprised that Rick was the one to take charge of Alexandria after the very gruesome death of Reg. Deanna was in no shape to continue taking charge of the community, so it was Rick who stepped up.

Rick and I still rarely spoke about the incident with Pete, and maybe it was better off that way. Without even realizing it, I had been deliberately ignoring the man for days, trying my hardest to focus on my health and the baby's.

As the new temporary leader, Rick had everybody working more than ever. And as soon as he found out about the hundreds if not thousands of walkers in a grand quarry, heading right toward our home, he worked even harder.

It was then Rick and more of the others made up an extreme plan to help lead the walkers away from Alexandria to ensure our safety. It was a very risky plan that required precision and cooperation from everyone involved, which I wasn't sure would work due to our differences.

To nobody's surprise, I wasn't a part of the group due to my pregnancy. Maggie decided to stay with me to keep me company, though deep down, I felt like there was something more to her sudden appearance.

"Lia," Rick called out, causing me to slowly turn my head around to see Rick in our bedroom doorway, his soft blue eyes watching me intently.

I took a deep breath as I met Rick's gaze, my chest nearly collapsing at the thought of Rick leaving me this very second. Today was another day full of working out the plan for the walkers, and any day now, the semi-truck (that kept the walkers back) would collapse any day now.

"Hm?" I hummed out slowly, offering the man a small yet genuine smile.

Rick crossed the room carefully, his eyes never leaving mine. I swallowed harshly, my hand mindlessly rubbing my swollen bump gently. The ex-sheriff paused for a moment, his expression softening as he watched my hand on my stomach.

A heavy breath left Rick as he approached me, his eyes on mine as he sat next to me. "I..." he trailed off, licking his lips. "I'm sorry for lyin' to you about the guns. I'm... sorry for riskin' our place here. But I'm not sorry for doin' what I did. 'Cause I'd do it all over again if it meant I was keepin' you and the baby safe," he mumbled to me.