chapter 13

Soda and I had a lot of fun in Arizona. He made me laugh and smile more than anyone I've ever met. It was hard leaving Kaleigh but she understood.

The Grand Canyon was beautiful. It was so scenic and Soda and I took many pictures.

His first time on the plane he was a little nervous but I helped him through  it. He enjoyed it a lot and we agreed we should go away together again.

When we got back the gang was excited to see us. I had forgotten all about Dallas and it was a little awkward at first but it was nothing bad.

Soda and I sat on the couch and I let him describe what he felt Arizona is like. He said it was very desert like and hot. It was.

We all sat around and I walked into the kitchen to get a coke. Then I heard Dallas say "hi."

I turned around I said "hey." He said "I missed you." I said "me too." He said "I miss kissing you." I smiled and he walked closer to me and he attempted to kiss me but I pushed him away and he walked away.

When he walked away I saw Soda standing in the door way. He said "are you okay?" I said "yeah, I just really don't know what's going on with my love life right now." He laughed and he said "me either, I thought you liked Dallas though?"

I said "I do but I don't think he could stay committed to just me."

He said "if I were dating you I'd stay committed." I smiled and I said "thanks Soda." He quickly looked me up and down and I said "come on let's head back to the guys."

Soda and I sat on the couch next to each other and Steve said "look at the two love birds." I said "shut up Steve." He said "so when you guys were in Arizona, you guys didn't have some fun with each other."

Soda said "cut it out Steve." Steve said "sheesh okay, you're the one who said she h-" Soda tackled him to the ground before he could finish his sentence and they started play fighting.

I decided to stop their little wrestling match so I sat on them and they fell to the ground. I was on Steve's chest and Soda had fallen by his legs. I laughed at them as they looked so confused.

But suddenly Soda sat up and he meant to grab my shoulder but he full on grabbed my boob. It was weird but it felt nice. It gave me that familiar feeling of butterflies.

He said "oh sorry, I didn't mean to really." I said "Soda relax it's okay."

He laughed and we got up and helped Steve up. Steve said "he totally meant to grab your boob." Soda said "we should have left him on the ground." I laughed and the three of us walked back into the living room.

Pony and I decided to ride bikes and he would tell me what I missed about his love life while I was in Arizona.

We got round the block and he said "so Cherry and I are official now, I asked her out on Sunday." I said "yay!!" He laughed and then the sun hit his face and he looked really happy.

I said "are you excited to go on official dates?" He smiled and said "hell yeah." I said "but be back before 11, or else I have to take Darry's side."

He said "yeah, yeah I know, Cherry is coming over later tomorrow after school so you can see her again." I said "okay good, what are you two gonna do?" He said "We are going to the drive in together in her new car."

I said "be careful, girls drive crazy." He looked at me and said "yeah I know." I laughed and I said "shut up." He said "but I think she really likes me, you know."

I said "yeah I can tell by the way she looks at you." He smiled and he said "yeah, I really like her, so what about you what's going on with your love life."

We stopped our bikes by the park and parked them and locked them.  I said "horrible. terribly horrible." We started walking into the park and he said "why is that."

I said "I don't know I guess I really miss Dallas." He said "I want to know from a girls point of view what it's like dating- well I guess being with Dallas."

We sat down on a bench that overlooked a lake and I looked out and I said "you see that lake?" He said "yeah." I said "you know how some people have a fear of water." He said "yeah?" I said "well you know how some people get over the fear of water and realize it wasn't what they expected."

He said "yes, you're scaring me." I laughed and I said "in my case Dally was that lake and I was scared to be with him, or date him so I pretended I wasn't interested because I didn't want to get my heart broken like Sodapop."

Then I said "finally I had courage to dive in this "lake"per say and I started a little relationship with Dallas, but again I held back and was afraid. Our relationship was like a lake. I was afraid to dive too deep into it because I knew I would drown in my love for him. I didn't want to fall in love but I did, just to get my heart broken again."

Pony said "wow, I'm really sorry I didn't think you liked Dallas so much." I said "yeah, unfortunately I fell for him more and more and he kissed another girl, I knew we weren't an official couple but seeing him kiss someone else hurt, it hit like a bullet."

Pony said "It's okay, you can find someone else just like he did." I said "yeah I guess you're right." He said "anyone from our gang in mind?" He raised his eyebrows and smiled.

I laughed and I said "maybe." He laughed and said "okay, Two Bit?" I said "no." He said "Steve, even though he hates me, he is actually attractive." I said "yeah he is real cute but he has a girlfriend."

He said "Johnny?" I said "no, he is seeing a girl remember?" He said "what, no he isn't ?" I said "shit I wasn't supposed to tell you, he wanted me to set him up." He said "ohhh I see, stealing my best friend huh?"

I smiled and I said "no Pony, he's all yours." He said "well damn, who else could you like?" I smiled and I said "I dunno."

He said "well I thought Soda, you're always real quiet around him, or if you're not you're always all smiley around him, and you also giggle a lot when you're around him."

I blushed and smiled and I said "maybe, I don't know I can't stop thinking about Dallas." He said "well if you like Dallas so much why don't you try to bring back your guys relationship."

I said "I don't know I just can't." He said "why not." I said "because Pony I just can't." He said "come on just tell me."

I said "I think I have a crush on someone else." He said "who?"

I said "Sodapop....I have a crush on Sodapop."