chapter 10

Today is my first day working at the DX and it's been a couple days since Soda walked in on Dally and I. It's been a little awkward between us but it's nothing as bad as before.

We walked into the DX and I was kind of in a quiet mood today because I missed my family.

Next week is my little sisters 4th birthday and I wish I could see her. I don't know it was just one of those kinds of days I was fighting back tears.

Steve gave me my DX shirt and I took off my t shirt and put it on. I sat behind the counter with Sodapop and he started getting the register ready.

I sat on a stool and ran my fingers through my hair.

Soda knew me too well. He was just a really good friend.

He said "are you okay, you're awful quiet." I said "yeah I I think so." He said "what's wrong."

I said " I don't know, nothing Soda." He looked hurt I shut him down so I sighed and I said "I just miss my family."

He said "I miss my mom and dad a lot." I said "where are they I never met them." He said "I never told you?"

I said "told me what?" He said "they died about 4 months before you came." I said "oh my gosh I'm really sorry to hear that."

He said "that's okay." I said "I feel really bad are you sure you're okay."

He said "yeah really, you remind me a lot of my mom." I smiled and I said "really." He said "yeah she was beautiful."

I felt my heart drop  a little and I said "thanks." He smiled and he said "so what's up with you and Dallas."

I said "I don't know at this point, I told him if he tells anyone we are breaking it off."

Soda said "how long have you two been fooling around?" I said "4 weeks now."

I said "wait what about Bella I haven't seen her in a long time." He said "we broke things off." I said "aw Sodapop what happened."

He said "I told her I had feelings for someone else and I couldn't do it anymore." He looked like he wanted to start crying so I hugged him.

I said "don't be upset, I'm sure the other girl likes you too, a lot of girls like you."

He looked at me and he said "yeah I guess."

I said "I think I might leave town Friday, I want to go see my sister for her fourth birthday." He said "really that's so sweet."

I said "thanks I'll leave Friday."  He said "can I come with you." I laughed and I said "why."

He said "I want to meet your family." I smiled and I said "okay sounds good to me."

Lunch time arrived and I was so happy. Dallas came by and he went to the back to talk to Soda and Steve.

I opened a bag of gummy snacks and I heard loud talking in the back. Then laughter. What was going on back there.

I walked back there and I saw Dally making out with some girl who was getting her car fixed.

Soda and Steve looked at me shocked. I looked at Dally as he parted lips with the girl and looked at me.

I looked at him and walked back into the store and back to the register. I sat behind the counter and I ran my hands through my hair and I tried to forget what I saw.

I know we weren't dating or anything but it still hurt a little. It didn't help that Soda and Steve made it seem worse than it was.

Predictably Soda and Steve came through the doors wanting to know how I feel.

Steve said "Dally ate you out?" I said "what the fuck Soda you told him that you walked in on us?"

Soda said "no Dallas told us." I rolled my eyes and I said "whatever, it's nothing, we aren't even dating." Soda and Steve got quiet and I saw Steve shoot Soda a funny look and they laughed.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I just wasn't in the mood today.

Dallas came out from behind the store and he looked afraid to make eye contact with me. Little chicken. He wanted to give off big dick energy, but right now he was giving me little dick energy.

He said "so Molly wanna come with me to pick up Pony." I said "no, go with that other girl and swallow her whole on the way there while you're at it."

He said "I thought you said we weren't going to catch feelings for each other, you said we weren't going to date."

I crossed my arms and held back tears. I said "fine maybe I did catch feelings okay." I looked away from him and I felt a tear fall. Fuck me.

I wiped it away and I said "just go, don't just stand here and watch me cry, just go." My voice cracked throughout the whole sentence and I started crying officially.

Dallas said "do you want me to take you home."

I said "no Dallas just go!" I wiped my tears and he walked out the door.

Soda said "do you wanna close shop early today and we can go home?" I said "yeah."

We went home and I went straight past Pony and Dallas and went into the bedroom. I slammed the door shut and I cried into my pillow. Why do I always mess around with the wrong guys. Why can't I just find the right one. Please god help me.

I fell asleep because I tired myself out from the crying. Then around 7 pm I heard someone open the door. It was Sodapop.

I was still in my work shirt and my jeans shorts, but I was still able to rest pretty comfortably.  I was still under the covers and I felt him get under with me. He said "hey Moll." I like the new nick name it's cute.

I said "hey Soda." He laid in front of me and we made eye contact and he brushed some hair out of my face. He said "I miss you out there, everyone wants to know how you feel."

I said "honestly I feel shitty and tired." He said "I know exactly how you feel, it's okay, don't worry about Dally I'm sure you can find someone better."

I said "yeah, me too." He ran his hand down my arm and held my hand. It was the first time I realized his arm was so veiny. It was kinda hot.

I looked back into his eyes and he said "you okay?" I said "yeah, just tired." He said "do you want me to make you some dinner?" I said "I'll help us make it together." He said "okay sure."

He pulled me on top of him and I laughed. He rolled me off and we got out of bed. I stood up and I helped him up.

We walked into the kitchen and I said "what should we eat." He said "whatever makes you happy." I smiled and I said "aw Sodapop thank you." He smiled and said "yeah of course."

It was hot and I decided to unbutton my DX shirt. This house needed new air conditioning. I saw Soda glance at my chest every once and a while and it was kind of cute.

I finally decided, I said "let's just make mashed potatoes!!" He laughed and said "with what, that's it?" I said "why is that funny." He said "nothin you just get real excited and cute when you think about mashed potatoes."

Did he just call me cute?? He almost looked caught by surprise that he said it himself.

I said "yeah I love mashed potatoes, what should we eat with it." He said "chicken?" I said "yeah." He said "do you know how to make chicken?"

I said "yeah do you know how to make mashed potatoes?" He said "yeah." I said "okay you make mashed potatoes and I'll do the chicken."

He said "okay, sure."

We had so much fun cooking dinner together. There was a lot of screaming and laughing and happiness. He made me forget how upset Dally and my dad made me.

This is what a relationship should feel like. But Soda is only my friend. Right?