chapter 38

Today Sylvia is over at the Curtis house and it's just us.

We kicked everyone else out so Sylvia could have time alone with my brother.

Sylvia was so nervous to see him again. I have no idea why she was.

I mean my brother was that little annoying kid who would always try and take my food, my money and my toys.

The boy who every time when it was just me and him home,  a model on TV would get him a boner and he would run upstairs in embarrassment.

The same one who stuck up for me when I was being molested by my old babysitter. The one who helped me through depression.

I can't believe that same guy was going to be a dad.

Around 4 pm I heard a knock I looked at Sylvia and I said "don't be nervous, everything will be just fine."

She was sitting on the couch as her hands were shaking.

I opened my door and I saw my brother standing there in his army attire and I smiled and said "John!"

He hugged me really tight and he said "hi love bug." I said "I missed you a shit ton."

We pulled away from the hug and he walked in and saw Sylvia on the couch and he smiled and he was blushing a little and he said "hi Syl."

She smiled and said "hi John." She got off of the couch and my brother hugged her and he kissed her.

I accidentally let out a gag and they looked at me and smiled. I said "I'm sorry I just know the two of you like siblings it's weird to watch you kiss."

John and Sylvia sat on the couch and Sylvia said "so I told Molly last night that I was pregnant and she was a little upset, but we are fine now."

I said "yeah everything is okay now, but how did you get Sylvia pregnant, I thought mom told you and stressed to you how important it is to use protection."

He said "we were both really drunk and we didn't intend for this to happen, but it did and now we are going to have to take care of our baby."

I said "what about the army?" He said "I will have to quit until I feel it's okay to go back and Sylvia won't need as much everyday help."

I said "so when are you going to quit." He said "I'm quitting when she is eight months." I said "and where do you think you're going to live?"

He said "Molly, I don't know that right now." I said "well you have to think about these things because eight moths will fly by."

Sylvia said "I still haven't told my parents, maybe they will let him stay with me, but if not, we can live at Buck's or my aunts house."

I said "okay, where are you going to work John?" He said "where ever is local and close to Sylvia." I said "okay, so you can estimate the baby will be here around Christmas."

Sylvia said "yes, and I'm going to start working at a clothing store so we will have money for the baby."

I said "okay that's good, I'm sure you guys will be good parents." John smiled and looked at Sylvia and held her hand and he said "she'll be the best mom."

She smiled and looked into his eyes and kissed him and she said "you're gonna be the best dad." I said "okay love birds, John where are you staying?" He said "I'm only here for a week until I have to return back to base, but if things don't go well at Sylvia's house, then I'll stay at a hotel."

I said "okay, let me know where you're staying." I gave him the Curtis house phone number and kissed him and Sylvia left with him to talk to her parents.