Prologue

AAHIR MALHOTRA
(Kiana's father)
24 years ago

Standing beside Sitara, my wife, I am still trying to focus on the topic which she was discussing with Aashna, wife of my bestfriend Sambit Rajvansh.

While trying catch up on the topic, I felt a small tug on my fingers. Looking down at the source I found Alishaan playing with my finger.

"What happened champ?" I asked crouching to his level and he smiled a little.

"He wants to meet the baby" Sambit said, standing beside me.

"Alishaan, Do you want to meet Kiana?" He asked to his four year old son who nodded his head vigorously.

Sitara and Aashna were way too flaggbasted seeing Alishaan's reaction because he was never really excited about anything.

"Sitara, bring Kiana here. This little man wants to meet her" I said picking up Alishaan in my arms.

"Can you see his excitement, Aashna? Your son's a little pervert" Sambit said making a poker face.

"Yeah, his father's genes afterall" Aashna said, making me laugh out loud.

As they continued their random bickering, I talked with Alishaan who blabbered in his gibberish language.

"See, Alishaan who's coming" I said pointing my finger towards Sitara who was coming towards us.

As soon as Alishaan saw Kiana, he immediately jumped off my arms and hid behind Aashna making us laugh.

"Don't shy away, Aalu, come here" Sitara spoke softly.

Aashna picked up Alishaan in her arms and made him look at Kiana who was sleeping with a pout on her face.

My precious.

"Momma, she's shoo smol" Alishaan whispered to Aashna making me and Sambit chuckle.

Alishaan's cheeks got crimson as we continued to laugh at his behaviour.

"Alishaan, do you know who she is?" Sambit asked to Alishaan who shook his head instantly.

"She's our baby moon" Aashna saif pecking Kia's forehead.

"oon?" Alishaan asked, creasing his brows.

"It's moon, Aalu" Sitara said pecking Alishaan's cheeks who hid his face with his hands making everyone laugh.

"Tara momma" Alishaan called Sitara who hummed at response.

"Tara mommaa!" Alishaan called again.

"Yes, baby. Tell me," Sitara replied before handing Kia to me.

"oon?" Alishaan asked making a pout.

"Aalu, you're a cutie" Sitara picked Alishaan up in her arms.

"oon?" Alishaan asked again making a 'so done with you' face.

"Moon"