19. Nightmare

KIANA

It's our reception party today, means the first time Alishaan and I will make an appearance as a married couple.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, my gaze drifted over the dress I am wearing.

The maroon fabric bunching around my shoulders then takes the form of a pencil dress, stopping at my ankle.

I'm wearing black heels, a diamond necklace, and earrings to round off the look, and my hair's pinned up in a messy bun.

The corners of my mouth lifted,

"How do I look?"

"Paradise personified,"

Alishaan murmured behind me making me go red.

My eyes find him in the mirror, and I watch as he stopped at my back, his hands settling on my hips.

With his gaze locked on mine, he leaned down and presses a kiss to my bare shoulder.

The way Alishaan looks at me... there's so much intensity as if I'm actually precious to him.

That I am.

A breath trembled over my lips, the moment tugging at my heart. It made me feel vulnerable and has me
whispering,

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I'm tugged back, his chest pressing against my shoulder blades. He takes a deep breath of my hair, then said,

"Because you are the all that I can see"

A kaleidoscope of butterflies erupted in my stomach. My breath hitched, and panic slithers through me.

"Ready?" He asked pecking my forehead.

"Yes" I whispered looking up at him.

When we stepped into the elevator, Alishaan stood slightly behind me, his chest touching my arm. I glanced up at him from over my shoulder.

When his eyes flicked to me, I quickly looked in front of me. The moment the doors slide open again, he smacked my ass.

"After you, jaan"

My jaw went slack, surprise stunning me. Somehow I managed to walk, my heartbeat speeding up. My insides fluttered and I start to feel even more nervous.

After climbing into the back of the Roll Royce, Alishaan leaned over to fasten my seatbelt and pressed a kiss to the corner of my mouth before settling back against the seat.

I gripped my purse tighter, trying to focus on the night ahead. I asked Alishaan to arrange the reception at our farmhouse only because I am way too nervous and clumsy.

The driver brought the car to a stop, and I looked at all the lights shining on the property. It makes the mansion look more impressive than ever.

As we stepped out of the vehicle, we followed the red carpet into the entrance hall.

With my hand in Alishaan's tight grip, we walked into the property, where romantic music fills the air and
people are already gathered.

A burst of sharp laughter sent an apprehensive shiver racing down my spine, and instinctively my muscles tensed.

Wildly my eyes darted around until I find her.

Saanvi.

What's she doing here? A fearful hand gripped my chest as the past threatened to resurface. Not tonight.

With my gaze locked on my worst nightmare, my breathing starts to speed up, the walls closing in on me.

'I'll kill yo...'