14. Her novels

ALISHAAN

I was sitting in the living room replying some of the e-mails in my phone. Arhaan and Akhil were talking with Ishaan while Ishaani was giggling with Kiana.

It's been one week to be us being engaged now and it's been a whole fucking day since she had stopped talking to me because I didn't let her have ice-cream.

Fuck me.

My thoughts came to a halt as Aahir Pappa asked

"So, should we discuss the further details?"

"I think we should fix the wedding date soon" Pappa spoke with a small smile resting on his face.

"I was also thinking the same thing" Maa said looking at me.

"Okay so when to do it then?" Tara Maa asked raising her brows.

"In a week. Pandit ji was saying that an auspicious period was going to start from next week" Maa said.

One week?

"So next week?" Aahir Pappa asked looking at me.

Ab main kya bolu?

I glanced at Kiana to find her already looking at me with anticipation but as soon as my eyes met hers she immediately shifted her gaze. Urgh.

"Princess? Alishaan? You are okay with the marriage happening next week, right?" Aahir Pappa asked.

"Jo Kiana ko acha lage" I said turning off my phone. (Whatever she likes)

"Yeh toh abhi se hi aapni biwi ki sun raha hai" Arhaan giggled making me scoff. (Already listening to his wife)

"Shut up, Arhaan!" I hissed as cheeks turned red with embarrassment.

"Princess? You okay with the planning, right? Pappa asked and Kiana nodded softly looking down at her lap.

Maa immediately pulled Kia over to make her sit beside her, between her and Tara Maa.

"Meri pyaari si bahu ke liye pyaare pyaare gifts layi hun main," Maa said pulling out two velvety boxes from her bag.

"Aashu Ma-"

"Sirf maa bolne ki aadat daal lo." Maa said pecking Kia's forehead and she nodded shyly.

"Wear these bangles now, beta. These are our family bangles, my mother in law and now it's yours" Mamma spoke making Kia wear bangles.

"Bhabii, hamare bhi gifts dekh lo," Ishaan and Ishaani said with a grin. (Bhabi, take a look at our gifts too)

"I wanted to say something" Kiana said slowly and everyone looked at her with raised brows.

"I want a simple wedding. No paparazzi. Only close family and friends" She said and bit her lower lips.

"This is not pos-"

"What she wants, she gets. No further discussions" I said sternly.

"We should start preparation for Haldi and Mehendi then" Tara Mamma said and Mamma nodded.

"I will ask designers to come and finalise dresses for all events" Pappa said taking a sip of his coffee.

...

All wedding rituals were starting from tomorrow and today we have come to temple for a havan. Maa took Kiana's hand to guide her up the stairs to the temple.

She was wearing a fucking saree today. To make matter worse she was wearing a see through sheer saree.

"Dheere chalo. Abhi gir jaati yahan." Maa spoke as Kiana stumbled on the stairs. (Walk slowly. You would have fallen here right now)