7. Revival

ALISHAAN

I watched her tightly clutching Arhaan's hand as they watched me leaving through the terminal of airport.

A wet chuckle escaped my mouth. Not close enough.

I sat on the plane and only then did I allow the tear to fall.

It was almost midnight when I reached Germany, checking into the hotel the first thing I did was to text Kiana and Maa.

Dropping my feverish body on the bed I didn't realise when I drifted into a deep slumber instantly.

I woke up to four missed calls and five new messages from Kiana. Fuck.

I quickly called her back, but nothing. She must be busy. I kept the phone with me as I freshened up and walked to the lobby.

I already had a few notifications and emails from our group discussion, but I wasn't checking them for at least a few hours.

The conference continued for hours, four hours to be prescribed. Sighing a little I walked out of the conference room and sat in my car.

I freshened up and wore a fresh pair of clothes dropping my body on the bed. It's been a whole fucking day and I haven't talked with Kiana.

I was on verge of sleeping when a notification sound echoed in my empty making my eyes shot open.

I immediately opened my phone the next second to find a text from Kia. Fi-fucking-nally.

Kiana : You up?

Alishaan : yea, what you doing?

Kiana : Just took a shower, what about you? ps : took medicines?

Alishaan : I was going through some files and yes, I have taken the medicines.

I lied because if I would said that I was almost sleeping then she would have cut the call that instant only.

Kiana : Good. Had your dinner?

Alishaan : Um yeah, you?

Kiana : Yes.

Kiana : When are you coming back?

There she is.

Alishaan : Soon. Well, do you miss me already?

Kiana : Kinda.

I immediately opened my call logs and dialled her the next second.

"Um, hi?" She said, clearing her throat.

"You miss me?" I asked, amusement lacing my voice.

"Yes." I heard her whisper.

My heart thumped against my chest and my cheeks felt warmer.

Composing my posture and I cleared my throat a little and said, "Being desparate, are we?"

And the next thing that happened made me shock as fuck. She literally hanged up on me.

Way to make things more complicated, Alishaan.

I tried her calling back again but her number showed unreachable now.

Did she block me?

I immediately opened my socials and tried texting her but to my horror I was blocked there too.

Fuck my life.

Cursing myself under my breath I lied on the bed and closed my eyes thinking how am I gonna spend my two more days here that too without talking with her. This is a punishment. Ugh.