29. Lawyers

ALISHAAN

Three weeks.

Three fucking weeks of her not talking to me and ignoring my existence as I'm dead.

She had stopped talking with me and stays in her room 24/7.

Her room because she had shifted all her stuff to the guest room because she didn't want to share a room with me.

Well, she had stopped talking with Ishaan and Ishaani as well.

I don't know why.

"Alishaan!" I immediately snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Papa.

He came to the office today for supervising our current project. He had been talking about something since thirty minutes but I couldn't concentrate.

"Hmm?"

"Go to home and sort out everything with Kiana" He said looking at me intently.

"Everything's fine" I sighed opening a file but he snatched it from me.

Not fine.

"Nothing's fine! You are working extra hours, not taking your meals properly and on the other hand Kiana has stopped taking our calls. Talk it out before it's too late" He snapped at me.

Talk it out before it's too late.

Talk?

Whom will I talk with? Talk with the one who doesn't want to see my face? Or talk with the one who leaves the room when I enter it?

"We are not having this conversation, Papa" I said closing my eyes.

"Don't you dare order me around!" He snapped throwing the file on the floor.

"Stop" I snapped and stood up from the chair.

"You can stop me but not her. Sort everything out by yourself before me and Aahir decide to..." He stopped and looked at me.

"Decide to?" I asked, my voice drained and quivering.

"Talk with the lawyers."

And it took all my strength to not run out of my chamber and driving back home.

She can take all the time she wants. I will wait for her all my life but I can't just let her go. I can't.

Bringing the car to a halt, I ran into the mansion to find Kiana sitting on the couch in the hallway and reading a novel.

As soon as her eyes met mine she stood up and turned her heels to walk up the stairs.

Not today.

"Stop. We need to talk." I said walking towards her.

"I am not talking with you" She spoke walking up the stairs with me behind her.

"I just want you to listen what I am saying, if you want you can reply otherwise don't." I said.

She walked into the room and sat down on the bed while I knelt down in front of her.

"What?" She asked, frustration clear in her voice as if she is irritated because of my presence.

"I know I messed everything up, I let my insecurities win over our love and doubted your loyalty. But you know what? Even after being manipulated by him and thinking you cheated on me I still loved you. I wasn't angry with you, I was blinded with rage and frustration thinking my twenty four years of love lost infront of him"

"When I said I would make you stand in the pool of your lover's blood. I didn't consider him but me, I changed the barrel for me not for him. I would die a thousand deaths rather seeing you with someone else"