33. Exquisite

KIANA

It's been four days since my periods has ended and today I had a mood for cooking something.

Me and cooking are something like, like poles, we repel eachother.

But today I have decided to cook something.

For my husband of course because no one else has the guts to eat the shit I would make.

After wasting thirty minutes, I finally decided to make vegetable fried rice. I went to YouTube searching for a recipe video, while I settled all the ingredients on the kitchen counter.

And the first step was to chop onions.

Okay, I am done cooking. Just kidding.

I peeled off onion's peels and placed it on the chopping board grinning to myself.

Halfway through cutting the first onion, tears were rolling down my red cheeks making me sniff.

Why is this so hard? Urghh.

Ordering online was the best option. Why did I even think of this nonsense idea of cooking myself?

What do I do now?

Resume chopping onions, of course.

Squeezing my eyes a little, I continued chopping the onions as it stinged in my eyes.

I was concerned with chopping onions when a sudden voice made me flinch, "What experiment is going on there?"

I dropped the knife and looked up to find Alishaan standing in the living room and looking at me with amused eyes.

But the amsument in his eyes didn't stay longer as he saw my eyes filled with tears.

"Kiana? Hey, you crying?" He strolled towards me after dropping his phone on the couch.

"What happened? Are you hurt? Should I call the doc—"

"Calm down" I sniffed scrunching my nose.

"I am already calm. Now tell me. " He questioned again making me sigh.

"I was just chopping onions nothing else" I chuckled washing my hands.

"But why were you chopping onions? Are the butlers on leave today? You could have ordered online-"

"I wanted to cook for you that's why I asked the butlers to leave early and now please shut up." I cut him off.

"Okay, I will help you with cooking then." He said wrapping his arms around my waist and lifted me up making me sit on the kitchen counter.

"I don't want your help. I can do it myself" I scrunched my nose.

He lifted his brows looking at me and parted my legs standing in between them making me gulp.

His gaze was making squirm without any effort.

"What did you just say?" He asked.

"I said I can do it myself-"

"It's either me helping you cook dinner or me eating you as dinner." He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Main papa se aapki sikayat lagwaungi." I slapped his chest. (I will complain about you to papa)

"Kya sikayat karogi? Yeh ki aapka beta mujhe-" (What will you say? You say that your son)

"Alishaan!" I gasped putting my hand on his mouth.

"Your mouth has no filter left, keep it shut, besharam." (Shameless)

He removed my hands and pecked my palm before placing it on his cheeks and said, "Ek baar pyaar se bhi Alishaan bolde." (Call me by my name lovingly once)