17. Leo tries to be smart

Y/n POV 

 I hate that we've been walking forever I hate that I'm next to Valdez I hate that his hatred for me has increased not like I like him but I don't like it when people look at me that way. I hate that  Hazel is so confused. I also hate that I'm not able to pay attention so Leo has had to pull me multiple times so that I don't die in a road accident. Then Hazel started talking I felt a bit better when she talked otherwise it was like I was walking with Valdez on a normal tour. 

"I never thought I'd get to see Rome," Hazel said. "When I was alive, I mean the first time, Mussolini was in charge. We were at war."

 "Mussolini?" Leo frowned. "Wasn't he like BFFs with Hitler?"

Hazel stared at him like he was an alien. "BFFs?"

"Never mind."

"I'd love to see the Trevi Fountain," she said. "There's a fountain on every block," Leo grumbled. "Or the Spanish Steps," Hazel said.

"Why would you come to Italy to see Spanish steps?" Leo asked. "That's like going to China for Mexican food, isn't it?" "You're hopeless," Hazel complained. "So I've been told."

She turned to Frank and grabbed his hand, as if Leo had ceased to exist. "Come on. I think we should go this way." Frank gave Leo a confused smile—like he couldn't decide

whether to gloat or to thank Leo for being a doofus—but he cheerfully let Hazel drag him along.

After walking forever, Hazel stopped in front of a church. At least, Leo assumed it was a church. The main section had a big domed roof. The entrance had a triangular roof, typical Roman columns, and an inscription across the top : A. GRIPPA. 

"Is it Latin for get a grip?" Mr dumbass speculated. "This is our best bet." Hazel sounded more certain than she had all day. "There should be a secret passage somewhere inside." I for some reason didn't like that. 

Then, suddenly Leo just went  "This is the Pantheon. It was originally built by Marcus Agrippa as a temple to the gods. After it burned down, Emperor Hadrian rebuilt it, and it's been standing for two thousand years. It's one of the best-preserved Roman buildings in the world." All of us just stared at him then I recognised a language that he spoke Spanish. 

Hazel: How did you know that? 

Leo: I'm naturally brilliant.

Frank: Centaur poop. 

Y/n: okay I'll get to your centaur poop later but that tourist group near the entrance is talking in Spanish and you know Spanish. Bullshit I say. Now, * I looked at my brother* 

Frank what the fuck? Centaur poop? You're my brother I'll give you a lesson on swearing later. 

Leo just laughed and frazel looked horrified. Honestly, the architecture was fantastic, Romans knew their way around architecture I kind of hoped that Annabeth was here she would've enjoyed it. I know she's safe of course she is, she's the smartest daughter of Athena. I hope she'll be fine. 

Hazel stopped in the middle of the room and turned in a circle. "This is amazing. In the old days, the children of Vulcan would come here in secret to consecrate demigod weapons. This is where Imperial gold was enchanted."

Who is Vulc- OH Hephaestus right Leo's sibling. I kind of wonder if he's not stupid I mean he made a whole ship. I think he's good with machines and bad with humans. So bad that he doesn't care for them. 

Frank grunted. "If this building is two thousand years old, it makes sense there could be some kind of secret passage left over from the Roman days."

"Over there." Leo said 

"The passage is around here," he said. "This guy's final resting place is in the way. Raphael somebody?" "Famous painter, I think," Hazel said.

"Hold on...." Valdez said.